How to spot a deplorable

Rate this topic

JohnP

Ok team, let’s keep a running list. Extra points for wit and creativity.

ill kick this off...

Buys a cheap ticket for the back of the plane, but attempts to relocate to first class after he boards and sees an open seat.

Cancels plans if he hears his teenage daughter is having friends over so he can watch them in the pool from his upstairs window.

Arrives at a family BBQ and insists on playing his own music - subjecting everyone to deep cuts of Quiet Riot.

Sits in his truck and watches one guy pull in a fish from water’s edge. Jumps in the guy’s spot while he is unhooking the fish. When the guy returns to cast he asks, ‘were you fishing here?’

Takes the toilet paper from the public restroom.

Dines with a bunch of guys but always leaves just before the waiter brings the bill.

Has long-standing disputes with his siblings over borrowed money that was never paid back.

Primarily watches action movies involving military type fight scenes, especially where civilians become the heroes while using automatic weapons. 

When in heavy traffic he drives on the shoulder.

Moves lips while reading 

This post is a perfect example of why Hillary lost, Dems were shocked and why it will continue. 

What is “deplorable” is that this is an attempt at humor, but really shows the tribal nature of your worldview. 

But yeah, it is the Right that is dividing this country. Keep believing that and then wonder what happened to your Blue Wave theory. 

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

Just now, fish'nmagician said:

interesting reaction to the post,

it seems like the OP has some generic examples of bad behavior,

and some see it as a partisan attack they take ownership of.

I listed 10 examples completely free of partisan references 

# 11 would therefore have to be

’Strongly objects to standard definitions of deplorable behavior’

5 mins ago, JimBeam said:

Gets up and goes to work every morning

Supports and respects our armed forces

Loves the USA

Doesn't spend all day on a fishing website complaining about Deplorables.

#12 does not recognize or understand satire or sarcasm, but responds exceptionally well to innuendo 

16 mins ago, JohnP said:

I listed 10 examples completely free of partisan references 

# 11 would therefore have to be

’Strongly objects to standard definitions of deplorable behavior

Oh, I get it, you are using deplorable in a generic sense, with no political overtones. 

Yeah, sure....except you used “a deplorable” which makes it a noun, which did not exist in the common lexicon prior to Clinton coming the phrase. “Deplorable” and an apolitical adjective would have lead to a usage such as “deplorable behavior”. 

Sorry, this is a troll. Nice try. 

ETA: Oh, look, your comment above validates my point, used a noun in the title and then switched it to an adjective for your #11.

Nice try arsewipe. 

Edited by tomkaz

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

2 mins ago, tomkaz said:

Oh, I get it, you are using deplorable in a generic sense, with no political overtones. 

Yeah, sure....except you used “a deplorable” which makes it a noun, which did not exist in the common lexicon prior to Clinton coming the phrase. “Deplorable” and an apolitical adjective would have lead to a usage such as “deplorable behavior”. 

you could respond with even better zingers, or you can cry about it 

4 mins ago, tomkaz said:

ETA: Oh, look, your comment above validates my point, used a noun in the title and then switched it to an adjective for your #11.

Nice try arsewipe. 

Wow, didn’t think ...of that hmmm

You bring up a great point, and this is worth a thread all of its own.

by Deplorable becoming a noun, the word has morphed into a double meaning.

when deplorables use the word amongst themselves, to refer to one another, it has favorable or even an affectionate connotation. But when an outsider uses the word to address them, it takes on an extremely offensive or even vulgar meaning. Kinda like the N word amongst people of color. 

I focus on the behaviors, which define the term.

When I see a guy in traffic driving on the shoulder I think

“Trump Voter”

You were trolling. Admit it. 

- Victor Davis Hanson