tomkaz

The "Roseanne-less Roseanne Show" - ABC is kidding, right?

Rate this topic

43 posts in this topic

How out of touch is ABC? First they find themselves unexpectedly with a hit show where the title character is a Trump supporter. then they want to retool the second season to remove politics, which was a main reason for its success. Then they are hit with pressure to make the show less deplorable and wish it would go away. And, when given the opportunity to over-react by the star's uncontrolled stream-of-consciousness, they jettison the show in a decision reached by the Dem-contributing CEO. 

And you thought that that was the end of it, Roseanne was dead, right? 

Oh no, these geniuses are seeking a way of "saving" Roseanne, just without Roseanne Barr. And do it by, wait for it, focusing on the liberal daughter, played by an actress who is a lesbian in real life. Maybe they will kill Roseanne off in a traffic accident while she is driving for Uber.

I suspect this is partly a reaction by ABC to deal with the backlash of moving so precipitously to cancel the show putting dozens out of work, etc. Some way of saving grace while still not supporting any deplorable mindset. I wager it is destined to fail and is mostly about PR at this point. 

ABC considering a version of 'Roseanne' without Roseanne Barr

"Roseanne" was canceled just a few days ago. ABC is already talking about a way to bring a version of the show back -- without its namesake Roseanne Barr.

The talks with production company Carsey-Werner, which owns the show, are preliminary, according to two sources with knowledge of the matter. 

But the idea is definitely enticing to ABC. A re-reboot could help keep many of the "Roseanne" cast and crew members employed. 

Many critics have bemoaned the fact that more than 200 people lost work when the sitcom was cancelled on Tuesday due to Barr's racist and bizarre tweeting. 

TMZ first reported on Friday that "the powers that be at ABC are exploring the possibility of re-branding the show and focusing on the character Darlene instead of Roseanne." 

The sources confirmed this to CNN, but cautioned that any deal is complicated by Barr's relationship to the show and Carsey-Werner. Depending on the terms of Barr's contract, the production company may have to buy out her stake in the show. 

"Barr has a significant financial interest in the series, and there is concern that a new iteration that would benefit her financially would be a non-starter for everyone involved," Variety reported earlier this week. 

One of the sources said ABC executives would regroup next week to talk about the options.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Another STUPID IDEA!!!

ABC is trying to save face. Instead of being ProActive they were being ReActive. They had a Gold Mine in Roseanne's New Show. The show's fans did not care and for the most part agreed with her comments. The Mob mentality from the Left on social media and their fake outrage with anything they don't agree with. ABC canceled Last Man Standing a quite successful show for a used up ReBoot of American Idol.  Another novel idea...from where I sit "Idol" bombed. 

These people at these networks get paid tons of money to make these kinds of decisions. A circus monkey can do a better job. Sorry, Sara Gilbert just isnt gonna cut it. The demographic that the show appealed to will not watch it.

Yeah, Good Luck With That!

Edited by DaBig2na

What makes me think they wanted "Roseanne" to die completely was that they didn’t seem to consider a way of letting the show proceed with Season 2 yet rebuking Barr's comments. 

Why not a salary forfeture? Or massive fine or forced contribution to a charity? 

It happens in sports all all the time, why not here? In sports they DON'T want to lose the talents and services of the players so they hit them in the wallet but they still play. Maybe with a suspension. At $250,000 perepisode they could have made it painful for her and beneficial to some cultural charity. 

But nothing like that seems to have been considered for Barr, why? 

I go back to ABC wanting to rid itself of Roseanne and they did. Iger (big Dem contributor) seems to have made this decision himself and then worked it up and down the command structure. 

Two Hamptons cocktail party conversations for Bob Iger this summer:

Before:

"Bob, how can you employ that Barr woman, she is awful and her show is an abomination to anyone with any sense of taste and propriety"

After:

"Bob, good for you and your swift action to rid the world of that "Roseanne" abomination. She is a racist and an affront o any right-thinking person."

QED

Posted (edited) · Report post

"Barred"

Seems like a good title for her next show on Fox

Edited by J

38 mins ago, DaBig2na said:

Another STUPID IDEA!!!

ABC is trying to save face. Instead of being ProActive they were being ReActive. They had a Gold Mine in Roseanne's New Show. The show's fans did not care and for the most part agreed with her comments. The Mob mentality from the Left on social media and their fake outrage with anything they don't agree with. ABC canceled Last Man Standing a quite successful show for a used up ReBoot of American Idol.  Another novel idea...from where I sit "Idol" bombed. 

These people at these networks get paid tons of money to make these kinds of decisions. A circus monkey can do a better job. Sorry, Melissa Gilbert just isnt gonna cut it. The demographic that the show appealed to will not watch it.

Yeah, Good Luck With That!

The ratings would have gone up for the reasons you mentioned.   

19 mins ago, Harf said:

The ratings would have gone up for the reasons you mentioned.   

Well Now I don't have to DVR Tucker Carlson, or switch back and forth on Tuesdays at 8PM

THX ABC

3 hours ago, tomkaz said:

Why not a salary forfeture? Or massive fine or forced contribution to a charity? 

It happens in sports all all the time, why not here? In sports they DON'T want to lose the talents and services of the players so they hit them in the wallet but they still play. Maybe with a suspension. At $250,000 perepisode they could have made it painful for her and beneficial to some cultural charity. 

But nothing like that seems to have been considered for Barr, why? 

because contract law

2 mins ago, EBHarvey said:

because contract law

Guarantee going forward that new contracts will carry a "morals" clause.

1 hour ago, Nessmuk said:

How is "The View" still on the air?  Oh, right.  Liberals.

Wonder if the actress who plays the lesbian daughter who is also on the view had anything to do with it.  I woukd boycott abc just to make a statement.   Lets get out our signs and do a million right wing march.  We can burn hollywood and throw rocks at cars and break store windows in the name of freedom of speech

8 mins ago, Baccigalup said:

Wonder if the actress who plays the lesbian daughter who is also on the view had anything to do with it.  I woukd boycott abc just to make a statement.   Lets get out our signs and do a million right wing march.  We can burn hollywood and throw rocks at cars and break store windows in the name of freedom of speech

That would be Sara Gilbert

You might remember her sister Melissa on Little House on the Prairie