June 2018 Fishing Reports

Rate this topic

May went by way too fast! Here's looking to summer. Good luck and be safe out there.

Try to keep other conversations, inquires, and rants in the appropriate threads. If you have a question about something that would make a good thread on it's own, please start one.

For all of you new to the site, this is how you should make your report. It's up to you how much information you give, but please keep it within the rules and no spot-burning or specific locations.

Out front (oceanfront) or In the back (rivers, bays, and inlets),

Conditions

What you were fishing for,

What you were using,

What you caught. 

You can say that you caught fish in Ocean County but saying that you got them at Ocean Beach is a no-no.

The location terms to use are..........
Monmouth County
Ocean County
Atlantic County
Cape May County
North Jersey for the Hudson and other waters north of Raritan Bay.
County name plus "In the back" for Inlets, Rivers, and Bays.

Edited by Sudsy

Wow the 6th month of the year. This one has been flying by since the winter finally decided to quit. 

Had to give it another shot this morning with the weather conditions holding steady. Got out front 445-615am. Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to. Bite started off good with a 18" blue then a couple of same sized ones lost a few yards out. 20 mins it found a healthy 26" bass, definitely a lack of lively fish that size here this year. 2 more blues 22"-24" and a few casts later kept the streak alive with a nice 33.5" bass. That's a new record for me. Finished off with 2 more blues around 20" and bite died off right before 6. Looks like those bigger fish are pushing north so hope you guys are ready. This one is table fare .

6-1-18x33in.jpg

Funky you are depressing me. Got out again last night from 8-11. I told myself I wasn't leaving until I broke the skunk and I did with a maybe 26" fish. Worked my way from northern Moco to Central working all different types of structures and currents and that's all I found. Saw a few other guys with the same luck as me.  Maybe I'll try early tomorrow morning. 

Nice fish and great  motivator Funky.

I was out front in OC last night. Found cabbage then moved a few miles north and good. Foggy and nice water at high.

Ended with one decent blue so no skunkage.

Crushed barbs save fish, keep that rod bent! 

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to.

Might be??? LOL Brother, you better be filling your drawers with them!

Just b/c you CAN, doesn't mean you SHOULD....
(what you do DOES make a difference - be accountable)
BigWave Dave

1 hour ago, FunkyBunker said:

Wow the 6th month of the year. This one has been flying by since the winter finally decided to quit. 

Had to give it another shot this morning with the weather conditions holding steady. Got out front 445-615am. Kept the Hydro Minnow on, might be the new go to. Bite started off good with a 18" blue then a couple of same sized ones lost a few yards out. 20 mins it found a healthy 26" bass, definitely a lack of lively fish that size here this year. 2 more blues 22"-24" and a few casts later kept the streak alive with a nice 33.5" bass. That's a new record for me. Finished off with 2 more blues around 20" and bite died off right before 6. Looks like those bigger fish are pushing north so hope you guys are ready. This one is table fare .

6-1-18x33in.jpg

F,B., 

What color H.M.?

J:wag:n

40 mins ago, daves745t said:

Might be??? LOL Brother, you better be filling your drawers with them!

Funny because when i saw them last year i told myself i don't need those because the SP's work fine. What interested me was the shallower running depth. With flat beaches like here it makes a difference. 

29 mins ago, J Wagen said:

F,B., 

What color H.M.?

6" Black/Silver

Fish incoming tide and little outgoing. Not a tap for me.  

Im glad god invented crosswalks bc even with my blinking headlight i turned on to aide the drivers that i was walking i almost got taken out.  

• Sudsy locked this topic