luckyOC

Delmarva Fishin' Reports - June 2018

Rate this topic

103 posts in this topic

It was cramped down to AI this weekend with the reduced beach size. 

Speaking of rays, after a 45 minute fight I hustled this longtail stingray to the beach on Saturday:

ray.jpg.c9fdd24c8ba8f70adbac5fa1669ef1c5.jpg

Posted (edited) · Report post

14 mins ago, Critter Gitter said:

Looks like a Rough tail ray.  They are just plain nasty with a very bad attitude.  They get real real big also.

Thanks!  I could not find the species, that was it exactly.  Very bad attitude is spot on, was one of the toughest fighting ray's I have ever landed.  He was just as hard to release, that tail was crazy long and he knew how to whip it.

I would guess he was around 90-100 lbs.

Edited by spinr0k

does anyone know where i can find details of what beaches on Cape Henlopen are closed.

Google news and the CHSP website are useless - i wanted to head down on saturday for fluke.

8 hours ago, Aquacide said:

does anyone know where i can find details of what beaches on Cape Henlopen are closed.

Google news and the CHSP website are useless - i wanted to head down on saturday for fluke.

all around the actual cape or what they call the point.  It stays closed till labor day every year 

On 6/20/2018 at 8:03 AM, NewWaveDave said:

lots of rays. Anyone getting into any kingfish yet?

I've heard reports and seen pics of nice kings being caught.  

Well Guy's. I see there are no reports for Delmarva. Wish me luck. I'm heading down to the Delaware beaches tomorrow for two day's. I hear the surf fishing is really slow. Week after I'll head over to Assateauge MD. I'll let you all know how i did. Tight line's. :howdy:

Fished AI MD last Thursday.  Couple toothy's on cut bunker, couldn't scare up any kings on small stuff.  Fished the east side of the channel in OC Friday and picked up a keeper flounder and a 32" rock.