Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Chicaneries

WTB Van Staal VS 400

15 posts in this topic

Want to buy Van Staal VS 400 Offshore, needs to be close to excellent condition. $3000 cash, face to face, PayPal fee and shipping covered by me if shipping is required due to location. I’m in MA

Thanks in advance

GED... I wish it was that easy ... problem would already be solved ! I tried to reach out to Marty but i couldn’t figure out how to send him an email, hope he sees my WTB. I did see the VS400 on the auction site, I’m sure the reel is worth whatever the buyer is willing the spend, I think 3K is roughly as high as I “should” go. Keep me in mind if anyone hears of anything. Thanks

26 mins ago, Chicaneries said:

GED... I wish it was that easy ... problem would already be solved ! I tried to reach out to Marty but i couldn’t figure out how to send him an email, hope he sees my WTB. I did see the VS400 on the auction site, I’m sure the reel is worth whatever the buyer is willing the spend, I think 3K is roughly as high as I “should” go. Keep me in mind if anyone hears of anything. Thanks

I have Martys cell number. When my phone recharges I ll text him for you.

1 hour ago, Chicaneries said:

I think you are being reasonable. Honestly $2500 in perfect condition would be my max.

You and Steve are the only 2 I worry about seeing a vintage VS before me. I won a mint hex cover VS300 on fleabay that Steve was watching, I was hoping you wouldn’t see it!

I appreciate that reelfire ! GED... there's been several times, myself and my checking account had wished that you had swooped in and bought what I was looking at ! We should get to together someday and compare collections, I saw that hex 300, already have several versions so I wisely passed. Thank you SOL for lending a hand on my search

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 hours ago, Chicaneries said:

I tried to reach out to Marty but i couldn’t figure out how to send him an email, hope he sees my WTB.

Send him a PM on SOL with a link to your WTB, if you know how.

Appears you can't do that, cause I can't do that. 

Edited by Darth Baiter

Final bump... will continue to search, please keep me in mind if anyone hears of anything. Thank you to members that have gone out of there way to make inquiries for me and all of SOL.