albieonthefly

Bluefish Mid-May Action, Long Island

14 posts in this topic

Last week we saw some of the best bluefish action in a longtime. This short little clip doesn't do justice to what we saw but might give you an idea. Hope you get some.

Tight lines!

That was some awesome video, thanks for putting it up !

Very cool shots. I’ve become borderline obsessed with targeting those big, tailing blues on the fly. 

Great little clips. Was that taken this past week? Quite high production values. I like the high-frame rate shots of the fish grabbing the lures. How do you like that Columbia jacket?

16 mins ago, Otshawytsha said:

Great little clips. Was that taken this past week? Quite high production values. I like the high-frame rate shots of the fish grabbing the lures. How do you like that Columbia jacket?

Yeah, that was all last week and the bite was consistent. Unfortunately Friday things changed, no more fish on top and while we did get fish to bite, it was very, very slow compared to previous days. Yesterday we took a break expecting all the boats out for the holiday and today fishing was shutdown because of the weather. My friend is the one wearing the Columbia jacket and I know he loves it.

Thanks!

I'm jealous.... Cape Cod blues are late this year...

8 hours ago, cgg said:

I'm jealous.... Cape Cod blues are late this year...

I've heard of a few caught your way, but nothing beyond that. Haven't heard of any in my location.

Posted (edited)

We get that great top water action mouth of CT river I tie my poppers with long saddles 6” to 8” long they are insanely effective even when blues are fussy pre spawn

theyre here now every year right before memorial day

Edited by mkus

Hit a blue today black sea bass fishing in Buzzard's Bay so they are here.  Tried to get a Sea Bass on the fly today and decided I was going to break my fly rod so I stopped.   Big half and half with a full, heavy sinking line!

Quinn