Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chris L

Private in box

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

WOW

Now I have a place for any of the folks here that feel they need to rant and rave at me a place to do it . Or if they want to go fishing . kinda internal email . COOL

thanks Tim

This is one of the surprises you promised ?

How does this work? Do you need an SOL e-mail address for the in-box to work?

I just figured it out, I didn't notice the new buttons before I posted this question. Look before you leap!

Matt

[This message has been edited by MattyS.I (edited 01-26-2001).]

Yes very nice,and did you see the buttons on top right - a list of everyone registered.

Chris L, I am going to the Worcester show but not sure if Sat. or Sun. yet. I would like to catch fish eye's show also.

Instant messages? Is that what we're supposed to use to harass commie pinko liberals? What about those cheating bait-flinging, beer-drinking, lawn chair carrying litterbugs.... is that where we give them a piece of our mind? Huh? Inquiring minds want to know!

i've activated mine, too. please don't inundate me with messagesbiggrin.gif, ya hear! wink.gif

tim, this is becoming more and more an a-1 site. i'm sure we only see the tip of the iceberg as far as getting all this to work even with your updates. to this, my sincerest thanks!

Joe

Yea, the Private message thing will have it's uses...that's why I put it here! wink.gif

The private messages really weren't put there as a toy but a completely unique communication tool. People won't need to give out a sensitive (read "work") email address if they want to be available to other members here. The private messages (to be referred to as PM's from here on it...it's shorter to typewink.gif) are password protected, they are for your eyes only and I think that's important as well. You can set it up to receive and email when someone sends you a PM...so that's cool too. Also, you needn't worry about spam...'cept from me! tongue.gif You have an ignore list if you need to use it, it's there for ya! (**Right in the script, that line is commented by the programmer as follows: ##This sub will allow you to choose to ignore ***holes) hehehehe...so that's a nice feature too! biggrin.gif

The IM's may or may not be working, I'm having some issues getting that to function correctly on both Netscape and Explorer...I can make it work on one or the other, not both...yet! wink.gif When it's working....and you can turn it off...an IM will pop up in a window on your screen, like the AOL IM does.

Next I'm going to try and incorporate a live mono a mono chat session pop up...but not right now, it's not a priority.

And yes, these tools are all part of my master plan here!

TimS