Bloomberg: Tax the Poor, For Their Own Good

Rate this topic

Wigeon

Appreciate his candor sure but looping all dems in with his opinion is the tag line of most of you here for that feel good moment you can’t get enough of. :hooked: :hooked:

You’re not some crazy uncle you know!

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

I am all for increasing taxes on the poor.  In terms of income taxes, they pay nothing.  everyone should pay taxes.  IMO we should ALL pay the same rate.  

As for he second post, Bloomberg is dead center of the Dem party, and has been for years.  He is most definitely NOT fringe for the party. 

31 mins ago, 55555s said:

I am all for increasing taxes on the poor.  In terms of income taxes, they pay nothing.  everyone should pay taxes.  IMO we should ALL pay the same rate.  

As for he second post, Bloomberg is dead center of the Dem party, and has been for years.  He is most definitely NOT fringe for the party. 

Nor does he speak for all dems

I'm so glad I don't live in the fact-less bizarro world you live in...just sayin'.

8 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Appreciate his candor sure but looping all dems in with his opinion is the tag line of most of you here for that feel good moment you can’t get enough of. :hooked: :hooked:

Are you for or against taxing "sugary drinks"?

"Ok, Eddy you were right" - minivin5
"Oddly enough, Eddy is right fairly often"- TimS

"Eddy is correct" - TomT

"Say what you will about Eh-ddy but he actually does know a few things." - The Commish

16 mins ago, richie c said:

''Pandering to these people'' Isnt that what dem politicos do for a living:shrug:

Yesterday Limbaugh played a recording of him from his own show in 1991 where he suggested the poor should be "taxed" and suggested that Dems were pandering to the poor while keeping them dependent on government. He then played the Bloomberg segment and they were easily similar, separated by 27 years.  

“No nation in history has survived once its borders were destroyed, once its citizenship was rendered no different from mere residence, and once its neighbors with impunity undermined its sovereignty.”

- Victor Davis Hanson 

could you imagine if Trump said that?  it'd be replayed 10 times an hour on every mainstream news outlet for months.  there'd be people marching on Washington with signs and everything.  they would use that clip in every single campaign ad....

I've done stuff I ain't proud of, and the stuff I am proud of is disgusting.

7 hours ago, Stonesipher said:

Nor does he speak for all dems

OK.  Only a fool thinks one person speaks for all in the group. 

Would you agree that he speaks for more Democrats than not?  A substantial number?  Is he a prominent voice for the Modern Democrat party?  When he speaks, do party elders/leaders take heed?

Scary guy.

Fear mongering to justify taxing many Americans favorite beverages.

I suppose if they tax drinks and people  still  become obese  and die they would need to tax other things.

Crushed barbs save fish, keep that rod bent! 

23 mins ago, 55555s said:

Would you agree that he speaks for more Democrats than not?  A substantial number?  Is he a prominent voice for the Modern Democrat party?  When he speaks, do party elders/leaders take heed?

Well, politicians being what they are will jump on it if they see votes for doing so. I do like your comments about fools though it is right on and accounts for many of the posts here.

If income taxes were truly fair, everybody would pay the same amount.

But the object of our 'progressive' tax system is to raise revenue by taxing that other guy for votes.

Bloomy just woke up and realized that if you confiscated all the wealth from guys like him it would not pay the bills, and he wants the 'poor' to be as poor as he will be when the day of reckoning comes.

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

45 mins ago, 55555s said:

The party elders are idiots. That's why Hillary was the keynote at Hofstra yesterday

The fact that an opinion has been widely held is no evidence whatever that it is not utterly absurd