Best way to transport surf rods in pickup

qbny94

Best set up I've seen, is a largeish lockable storage box with the rods coming out at angle, reels inside the box.

Lots of storage too. Think if you get the right size, you might get two side-by-side.

Morone Saxatilis... God put them in the Surf to take them, not in the freaking boat!

I put two 3' stakes in the rear stake holes in your bed. Tie a strong string across between the stakes so that the rods are held up above eye level over the tailboard.

Put the buts behind the cab and the tips out over the back on top of the string.

1 min ago, FishinMortician said:

The biggest issue is can you stop some place on the way there or home, and not have some scumbag steal your stuff. Also, with modern rod materials you need to prevent as many scratches as you can.

Take your time and maybe even invent something cool for us.

My particular setup is locking rods and reels together.

29 mins ago, FishinMortician said:

The biggest issue is can you stop some place on the way there or home, and not have some scumbag steal your stuff. Also, with modern rod materials you need to prevent as many scratches as you can.

Take your time and maybe even invent something cool for us.

Thule makes a reel locker type of thing just for this occasion. The rhino rack style does lock, but doesn't lock your reels.

Nice spray in bed liner and bungie has worked fine for many years. Gear doesn't leave my sight anyway, ever. No stickers - or fishing advertisement of any kind either.

I'll ignore your cheap aroma,

and your little-bo-peep diploma,

I'll just put you in a coma,

with some dirty love-