sefmonster

Need info on buying a new Stradic

16 posts in this topic

I'm looking to buy a new Stradic in the 4000 or 5000 size but I'm confused with all the different letter designations and which ones are for freshwater and which is best for saltwater.I notice that some are made with CI4 which makes it lighter so if someone could suggest a reel to use for jigging fluke and sea bass I would be very happy......Thanks

4000 hk is the newest, the 5 comes with a power knob, may be too big for the application. In the words of Chancellor Palpatine, “do it, do it now!”

If this is a designated jigging application you’re probably better off with a light conventional reel. 

Posted (edited)

I had a 5000 on a gloomis e6x. Very underrated reel. It’s a tried and true standard in my opinion. What do you plan on using it for? I’d keep it away from the surf. More of a inshore Boat reel 

edit jus reread. For fluke I’d drop down to a 3000 siZe. The ci4 is much lighter. I had a ci4 stradic 1000 it felt like a toy but was strong as anything. 

Edited by MikedNJ

Fk 4000 has been a solid reel for me in the salt. If going with the 5000 size you might want to look at the Saragosa 5000. Also some new reels will be coming out this year so it's possible there may be a new Stradic? 

I'm only going to be using it on a boat bucktailing and jigging sea bass.I have a handful of conventionals but want to pick up a smaller workhorse of a spinner thats smooth,light and not super expensive.

8 mins ago, sefmonster said:

I'm only going to be using it on a boat bucktailing and jigging sea bass.I have a handful of conventionals but want to pick up a smaller workhorse of a spinner thats smooth,light and not super expensive.

Penn slammer 3 4500. Didn't like at first but they grew heavy on me. Can pick one up for around 200 bucks. 

I just bought the 4000FK for $152+free shipping off the Bay! That's some buy I couldn't pass up!

Fluking and sea bass.  3000fk or 4000fk whatever balances better with your rod.   10-20lb braid .. I love my ci4+ though. 

Stradic SW is the 2018 version. Only 4K and 5k online. Never held yet and I assume it came from Shimano Malaysia as all Stradics. 

$250 plus around $25 shipping from Japan with that big knob.I like my 4000 FK for $150 with free shipping.....here flukie flukie and big biscuit!