mightyrime

WTB 11wt / 12wt reel for tarpon

14 posts in this topic

Title says it all.  I just bought a Sage Salt 12wt and now i need a reel.  Something Tarpon tough for 11wt / 12wt lines.

thanks

Kerry

Kerry,

How about a Tibor Gulfstream to go with that Sage Salt 12wt?  It has a little wear on the reel foot and a small scuff on the bottom of the frame, as shown in these photos.  It is set up for left-hand-wind, comes with backing.  Asking $400, including shipping and PayPal.  Again,  I can not ship until after Memorial Day.

Thanks,

Ted

gulfstream1.JPG

gulfstream2.JPG

gulfstream3.JPG

gulfstream4.JPG

abel super 12 just re-spooled with new rio line for trip that was cancelled.  

currently set up for left hand retrieve (this is a switchable model).  used only a couple times on a couple trips.  in pristine condition.

$650 paypal shipped to lower 48.

7EC463FD-6664-44AB-83B6-54365774F90F.jpeg

5F5F4123-5C81-41EF-807F-4DC4A556E375.jpeg

sorry.  just got a call from a buddy - another trip is on.  gonna need to keep the reel for now.  if you don't need it till late June, let me know.

I have an Orvis Mirage VII and a Sage 8012, both loaded with backing, line, and leader...I could part with either one.  

7 hours ago, Hops143 said:

I have an Orvis Mirage VII and a Sage 8012, both loaded with backing, line, and leader...I could part with either one.  

WHich spool in the mirage?  Deep or shallow?  What color?  What price?

On 5/18/2018 at 5:03 PM, tedshuck said:

Kerry,

How about a Tibor Gulfstream to go with that Sage Salt 12wt?  It has a little wear on the reel foot and a small scuff on the bottom of the frame, as shown in these photos.  It is set up for left-hand-wind, comes with backing.  Asking $400, including shipping and PayPal.  Again,  I can not ship until after Memorial Day.

Thanks,

Ted

gulfstream1.JPG

gulfstream2.JPG

gulfstream3.JPG

gulfstream4.JPG

sage salt 12 and tibor $600?

10 hours ago, mightyrime said:

WHich spool in the mirage?  Deep or shallow?  What color?  What price?

So I haven't really spent much time with it as I bought it as part of a bundle when I picked up some tarpon gear from a guy in Miami (it was mounted on a 12wt Xi3).  I can take some pictures for you but I believe that it is the deep (non-freak) spool with Rio WF11F Tarpon (sea grass/sand) and chartreuse (I think) backing.  I think it's the nickel color but may be black (definitely not gold!) and has the blue Cordura pouch.  This is a pre-USA reel.  Reel is like an 8/8+. I would be good with $350 shipped.  

On 5/21/2018 at 7:28 PM, mightyrime said:

sage salt 12 and tibor $600?

I can do that, but again, can not ship until next week.

Thanks,

Ted

On 5/21/2018 at 7:28 PM, mightyrime said:

great send me a PM when you are back with payment info..  Do you do paypal?

thanks again

Kerry

Just tossing this out there. My buddy has a original Orvis Vortex 11/12 for cheap. $150 shipped PP. Scuffed up mint drag, will drown anything out there.

On 5/17/2018 at 8:46 PM, mightyrime said:

Title says it all.  I just bought a Sage Salt 12wt and now i need a reel.  Something Tarpon tough for 11wt / 12wt lines.

thanks

Kerry

If your still looking I have Nautilus NV 11/12 in Olive with red part's  & backing. Like new

1 hour ago, Only On A Fly said:

If your still looking I have Nautilus NV 11/12 in Olive with red part's  & backing. Like new

Thanks all i am good.  Going with the Tibor.