Yukon

Rate this topic

HugeDinghy

4 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

I think the Yukon is smaller isn't it? 

I think the Yukon XL is the same chassis as the Suburban. The regular Yukon uses the same chassis as the Tahoe. 

We love are Suburban. It kicks ass! It guzzles gas, it's overly heavy, and the brakes are too small considering the vehicle weight, but those are all quibbles: for road trips, or as a camping wagon, it is incomparable. 

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

16 hours ago, HugeDinghy said:

Talk to me about them. Looking for a dedicated beach buggy and this one came up. ‘07 with 130k.  Don’t know about their engines, reliability etc. 

Sold my 07 yuk in September.  230,000+ on her.

Great truck.  Only issue I ever had with it was a fly by wire throttle fault that would put it into 'safe' mode and severely reduce power.  Not great when you wife is on the freeway.  Would come and go, stumped me for awhile.  Turned out to be the gas pedal which is basically a rheostat, computer was sensing that pedal and throttle body were not jiving.  $50 fix after going bald.  Well, $280 dollar fix in all, after pulling and cleaning the throttle body twice, I replaced it.  But didn't need to.

But that was the only issue I had with it beyond normal maintenance.  I did go through a few UJs and both front wheel bearings.  I like the fact that the third row seats pull out individually.  Only need one of the third row seats, easy and you have room for crap next to it. And when you don't need them, you have a lot more room top to bottom than my 15 where the 3rd row folds down.

Edited by makorider

3 mins ago, Belmo said:

I think the Yukon XL is the same chassis as the Suburban. The regular Yukon uses the same chassis as the Tahoe. 

We love are Suburban. It kicks ass! It guzzles gas, it's overly heavy, and the brakes are too small considering the vehicle weight, but those are all quibbles: for road trips, or as a camping wagon, it is incomparable. 

Wouldn't a minivan be comparable without all the extra fossil fuel expended? 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James

3 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Wouldn't a minivan be comparable without all the extra fossil fuel expended? 

Yes, but you can't drive a minivan on the beach, you dope.

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

The Ls series motors in all gym trucks are some of the longest lasting motors seen many go over 300k. The stock internals can easily handle all sorts of power adders well up the 600 hp level. Not many stock motor internals can compare to that. 

currently have an 07 Tahoe that is pushing close to 250,000...

It's showing a bit of wear and tear, but still runs strong...

does burn about 1/2Q of oil a month, and is starting to need some things replaced (fuel pump rusted out), front axle, belt tensioners, etc... but understandable at it's current mileage.

Plan to keep running it until it completely starts nickel and diming me to death...

1 hour ago, Billybob said:

I don't care if you have 10 rows, I don't think I could stand to drive a vehicle with 3 carseat kids in it.

I would take separate vehicles.

I had 4 in cars seats for a few years........PIA..

2 hours ago, BW said:

I had 4 in cars seats for a few years........PIA..

That's roughly like... what... 8-9 minutes buckle up time per one way trip

I'd stay home more 

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices. – William James