Kingcohojoe

Beach master plugs

11 posts in this topic

Hi I am new to the forum and would like some info on beach master plugs. Are his plugs from 15 years ago of better quality than his current production plugs.

thanks

joe

2 hours ago, Kingcohojoe said:

Hi I am new to the forum and would like some info on beach master plugs. Are his plugs from 15 years ago of better quality than his current production plugs.

thanks

joe

His plugs are very good. Then and now. 

Old/new all good.  Any you don't find up to snuff feel free to kick them my way.

Thanks for the info it seems as though they were selling for more money years ago. The prices today are much lower and I was wondering why?

12 hours ago, Kingcohojoe said:

Thanks for the info it seems as though they were selling for more money years ago. The prices today are much lower and I was wondering why?

They started pumping out more plugs and made em more available.  

12 hours ago, Kingcohojoe said:

Yes, in 2006 darters were selling for $100 each. Like 2nd to last picture. I caught big bass on them.  Custom colors. I’m sorry I sold them. I keep a few old 3 oz darters but will not use them. 

72992463-2C08-4656-B796-91C30CAFF35A.jpeg

F8E8BB5F-4B53-4B84-9B18-FF7E296C69EB.jpeg

A1A96E17-03CA-496B-BDDA-DD8E90DC5733.jpeg

C4DA3963-AA37-4FEE-8BD3-EDB7459E47FB.jpeg

1CAA68B5-0E46-47DA-AE27-309198223ECA.jpeg

11515D16-70FB-4764-976B-BE6CB84F1982.jpeg

18 mins ago, mitchellgoosen said:

I've had guys tell me the old ones are better because the quality of the wood back then was much better. 

Yes, to different wood but they still swim the same. The only plug that swims differently is the darter. The old 3 oz darter can get down 18 ft in a current. 

I always thought that maybe the material was better on the earlier ones because they were so limited and maybe more care and time was being spent on making them? Who knows

18 mins ago, Kingcohojoe said:

I always thought that maybe the material was better on the earlier ones because they were so limited and maybe more care and time was being spent on making them? Who knows

People love reminiscing about the past.  The newer runs catch fish all the same.