flyangler

Forget Yanny vs Laurel, These Photos Are Breaking the Internet

Rate this topic

32 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

She's exercising her lawful right to carry a rifle at Kent State. Heads are exploding all over the world. 

Does she deserve the death threats she's received online?

Oh, and for you gun guys, she's carrying an AR10, not AR15 - classy lady.....

bennett_twitter.png?itok=M699lwVl

Bennett2.jpg?itok=d6ffWekA

Edited by tomkaz

Posted (edited) · Report post

Kent State grad who posed with AR-10 spars with Parkland students on gun control

A Kent State University graduate has been fighting with student survivors of the Parkland, Fla., school shooting after she posed with an AR-10 for her graduation photos.

Kaitlin Bennett posted photos with the firearm on campus, the site of the infamous 1970 Ohio National Guard shooting, and the pictures quickly went viral. 

She has been met with criticism from gun control activists, including the students survived the February shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Activist David Hogg retweeted Shannon Watts, the founder of Moms Demand Action, saying that Bennett's “White privilege is a helluva drug." 

"You did this in Ohio, where Tamir Rice and John Crawford were fatally shot for holding fake guns.

You’re still alive ... not even arrested — after bringing a semiautomatic rifle to school. That’s white privilege," Watts added.

Bennett went after Hogg early Thursday, challenging him to a “real conversation” about guns.

Bennett appeared on “Fox and Friends” on Thursday to say she wanted to take the photo to “take a jab” at the firearms policies Kent State has.

The university has rules against students, faculty and staff carrying deadly weapons on campus, but no policies for guests.

“My problem is that it’s kind of insinuating that they care more about the lives of their guests than the lives of their students that spend four or more years on that campus,” Bennett said.

She said she’s been the victim of “blatant racism” and death threats following the photos.

“They’re saying that I have white privilege for going out on campus with my AR-10 and they’re saying this all has to do with me being white that I was able to do this,” Bennett said. “I think that is very insulting to minorities.”

Edited by tomkaz

In the USA, people that get death threats are blessed that we still (barely, but still) respect a man's (or woman-especially a womans) fights to defend.

32 mins ago, Little said:

Ar 10.  Thats 5 less.  Right? So not 15 clips?

Not sure if serious or not but to answer your question. None of the Above. 

It's a 7.62(.308) rifle instead of a 5.56(.223). 

7 mins ago, LBI SurfRat said:

Not sure if serious or not but to answer your question. None of the Above. 

It's a 7.62(.308) rifle instead of a 5.56(.223). 

Well then it should be AR 14.8, right.  Weapon of small wars.

Im ridiculing the anti's thats all.

I am proud of that girl.  I feel a bit sorry, somewhat nostalgic upon seeing that picture. But the David Hogg followers brought every bit of that crap to bear on themselves.  

12 mins ago, Little said:

Well then it should be AR 14.8, right.  Weapon of small wars.

Im ridiculing the anti's thats all.

I am proud of that girl.  I feel a bit sorry, somewhat nostalgic upon seeing that picture. But the David Hogg followers brought every bit of that crap to bear on themselves.  

Lol. You're gonna get their pink ***** hats all twisted. And agree they have brought this on themselves.