Dehumanization

Rate this topic

KnewBee

Dehumanization:  "Sociologists and historians often view dehumanization as central to war. Governments sometimes represent "enemy" civilians or soldiers as less than human so that voters will be more likely to support a war they may otherwise consider mass murder.  Dictatorships use the same process to prevent opposition by citizens. Such efforts often depend on preexisting racist, sectarian, or otherwise biased beliefs, which governments play upon through various types of media, presenting "enemies" as barbaric, as undeserving of rights, and as threats to the nation. Alternatively, states sometimes present an enemy government or way of life as barbaric and its citizens as childlike and incapable of managing their own affairs...."

"We're taking people out of the country, you wouldn't believe how bad these people are," he said. "These aren't people, they're animals."  President, May 16th

Eric Trump told Sean Hannity how he really feels about Democrats and his father’s political opponents: “I’ve never seen hatred like this. To me, they’re not even people.”  Eric Trump, Jun 7th

A question:   Should the President or his surrogates use such dehumanizing statements?   I get it when individuals use such language, but I don't think the President should. 

11 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Dehumanization:  "Sociologists and historians often view dehumanization as central to war. Governments sometimes represent "enemy" civilians or soldiers as less than human so that voters will be more likely to support a war they may otherwise consider mass murder.  Dictatorships use the same process to prevent opposition by citizens. Such efforts often depend on preexisting racist, sectarian, or otherwise biased beliefs, which governments play upon through various types of media, presenting "enemies" as barbaric, as undeserving of rights, and as threats to the nation. Alternatively, states sometimes present an enemy government or way of life as barbaric and its citizens as childlike and incapable of managing their own affairs...."

"We're taking people out of the country, you wouldn't believe how bad these people are," he said. "These aren't people, they're animals."  President, May 16th

Eric Trump told Sean Hannity how he really feels about Democrats and his father’s political opponents: “I’ve never seen hatred like this. To me, they’re not even people.”  Eric Trump, Jun 7th

A question:   Should the President or his surrogates use such dehumanizing statements?   I get it when individuals use such language, but I don't think the President should. 

This from someone who sees nothing wrong with abortion on demand since the human in the womb is "just a mass of cells" or a "fetus" and the "pregnancy is terminated".  Words like "untermenchen" and "final solution" and "forced collectivization" are just "dehumanizing" words from a different era. 

We really don't need lectures on "dehumanization" from people who see nothing wrong with the killing of 65,000,000 human beings in the womb for reasons of convenience. 

Liberalism is Leprosy

Edited by Knight771

2 mins ago, Knight771 said:

We really don't need lectures on "dehumanization" from people who see nothing wrong with the killing of 65,000,000 human beings in the womb for reasons of convenience. 

It works both ways...

"If you know that and you don't know anything else you know more than if you know everything else and you don't know that."

MS-13 are animals.  That's who he was talking about.  Answering a direct question about MS-13.  But the media knew that and lied.

that's called fake news.  But it's worse.  It's scummy intentional lies to try to push a false narrative that the president is racist.  It's scummy.  very scummy.  Liberal scum

Edited by jkrock

"mother Theresa was a POS"-fish'nmagician