JohnP

The Crumbs were good while they lasted... I hope

Rate this topic

54 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

So Brent Crude Oil pierced $80 per barrel this morning in London

so that $1000 “bonus” you got in December will go bye bye at the pump, and then some. 

Question for the day...

thanks to Trumps erratic behavior with Iran, how much will it cost you personally ?

says Norbert Ruecjer of Julius Bear “The geopolitical noise and escalation fears are here to stay”

Edited by JohnP

Come on JP, you know it is the Oil Industry's Summer reach around, except the never get any further than putting their hands in our pockets plucking cash for all they can.

Supply, demand and geopolitics all factor into the price of oil.   The current geopolitical situation is causing an uptick and it will get more painful at the pump.   But, since my taxes actually increased (the cut was offset by other factors.  first year in many that I had to cut a check, a painful check) and I didn't get a $1K "bonus", will be less enjoyable to fill the tank, absorb other price increases, etc..   Could be good for ethanol?  farm bill being debated.

I could appreciate a post (Topic) like this 10 years ago but most folks today realize what drives the cost.

New materiel required :wave:

Demand has exceed supply because of the tremendous growth in the economy.  Standard stuff.  And now the peak driving season is upon us. 

Look at it this way, JohnP, if prices go high enough, like your hero Obama wanted, it will drive the expansion of solar and wind so you should be happy at the "high" prices.  Note here, they are still not nearly as high as they were under the Failed Messiah during the first four years of his commissariat.

Of course, the Marxists among us will want to nationalize the industry to control prices and save the children (sniff, sniff).  They see how well it is all working in Venezuela. 

Posted (edited) · Report post

53 mins ago, KnewBee said:

Supply, demand and geopolitics all factor into the price of oil.   The current geopolitical situation is causing an uptick and it will get more painful at the pump.   But, since my taxes actually increased (the cut was offset by other factors.  first year in many that I had to cut a check, a painful check) and I didn't get a $1K "bonus", will be less enjoyable to fill the tank, absorb other price increases, etc..   Could be good for ethanol?  farm bill being debated.

I will net out in the plus on taxes but it requires a total rethink of how things get booked. 

Im going to pay much more at the pump, especially for the boat. Maybe I’ll cut back on my bar bill. That would be horrible but ...

I stand convinced that the average deplorable has no idea of their future taxes.

Example  They won’t be able to deduct college student loans ... but maybe they need to see the sting of separating those who can reach for college vs those who can’t 

Edited by JohnP

5 mins ago, JohnP said:

I will net out in the plus on taxes but it requires a total rethink of how things get booked. 

Im going to pay much more at the pump, especially for the boat. Maybe I’ll cut back on my bar bill. That would be horrible but ...

I stand convinced that the average deplorable has no idea of their future taxes.

Example  They won’t be able to deduct college student loans ... but maybe they need to see the sting of separating those who can reach for college vs those who can’t 

Dummy, Deplorables do not go to college.

Good thing for Trumps crumbs, or we would really be hurting.

2 mins ago, dena said:

Dummy, Deplorables do not go to college.

Good thing for Trumps crumbs, or we would really be hurting.

You got me there

It’s better to leave those chemical engineer, computer programming and medical jobs to “those people” who are now entering our country 

2 mins ago, JohnP said:

You got me there

It’s better to leave those chemical engineer, computer programming and medical jobs to “those people” who are now entering our country 

Better still, how about we stop funding student loans for "gender studies" etc.

2 mins ago, zybathegeek said:

Better still, how about we stop funding student loans for "gender studies" etc.

Nah

the deplorable thing to do is just deemphasize college altogether 

i mean who wants to send their kid to a college to be lectured by some commie leftist, even if the starting salary is 65k?

1 min ago, JohnP said:

Nah

the deplorable thing to do is just deemphasize college altogether 

i mean who wants to send their kid to a college to be lectured by some commie leftist, even if the starting salary is 65k?

So you equate gender studies is a worthy enough college course to warrant a funding that will neither be repaid, nor contribute to the overall well being of our community, doing nothing but engender further division.

Not surprised given your level of intelligence.

1 min ago, zybathegeek said:

So you equate gender studies is a worthy enough college course to warrant a funding that will neither be repaid, nor contribute to the overall well being of our community, doing nothing but engender further division.

Not surprised given your level of intelligence.

The kid can take Chicano studies as an elective while majoring in computer systems engineering.