Evil-Bay

Rosco EZ clips

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

They look like the 1st generation TA clip. "More tapered edge on both sides"  the TA clips now have a tapered edge on the line tie side and a rounded edge on the plug and. I personally liked the 1st gen Ta clip more. I will certainly give these a shot.

I bought a pack at surf day, the bend/twist is in the opposite direction from TA clips. Not too big of a deal, in the light--but if you have been using the TA's for a while it's a bit tricky in the dark. 

Just used this today.  No issues at all.  Was able to slide in any plug I used today and was able to hold up quite well against the gator blues.

Posted (edited) · Report post

They are nickel vs the stainless steel for TA clips. They are basically the same design except they are a little bigger and less rating. There are other companies that also sell a stainless steel version for less than the TA clip on Amazon. The shark river website sells the TA clips for a little cheaper with shipping included.

I like the design but I just don't think they are as reliable as people think. I just assume a lower rating than it states and keep an eye for when it begins to deform a little. Tactical Advisors has a youtube video on this clip but I don't think he tested a big enough sample.

Edited by Draekon