drumfish213

ODM Bag Service

Rate this topic

21 posts in this topic

Felt that I should share this as I respect a company that stands behind their products. I had an issue with my bag where the belt loop started to let go along the top seam so I emailed ODM to see if they could do anything about it. They quickly got back to me and told me to send it in. Once they got the bag they realized that the webbing was too short to catch the seam completely. They offered to fix it but the person who does that work was not going to be in for a few weeks so they sent me a new bag instead. Problem solved from my first email to getting the new bag in 9 days. Great customer service!

That's good to hear. I have a shimano bluewave bag now but I've been looking at odm bags or flatlander for my next bag when I decide to upgrade.

I don’t get it? How are hand built plug bags having these problems?

I have many sailcloth bags. I have never had these issue. I have 5 flatlanders, including his first with Buddylock - all fine, Ebbpoint, gear up, and they are fine. 

I don’t get it?

5 mins ago, ged said:

I don’t get it? How are hand built plug bags having these problems?

I have many sailcloth bags. I have never had these issue. I have 5 flatlanders, including his first with Buddylock - all fine, Ebbpoint, gear up, and they are fine. 

I don’t get it?

Gary... i guess cause where they are made,,,, we both know where...we both like made in the US...

2 hours ago, lureman said:

Gary... i guess cause where they are made,,,, we both know where...we both like made in the US...

So are you saying that you've never had a problem with anything made in the US? The problems with the ODM bags are likely growing pains with getting the manufacturer up to speed. I have a Surfwave bag and ODM replaced the D-Rings and shoulder strap. The D-Rings were spec'd to be stainless but the vendor delivered something else. The clips on the shoulder strap corroded so they redesigned with heavy plastic clips and sent new ones free of charge. This is a good company that is providing excellent customer service on their bags. Most products regardless of where they are made have some issues.

On the other hand, ODM also make excellent rods but their rod warranty sucks. My local dealer is considering dropping them because of it and I am hesitant to by one. Why the inconsistency with the warranty between products?

Posted (edited) · Report post

20 hours ago, drumfish213 said:

Felt that I should share this as I respect a company that stands behind their products. I had an issue with my bag where the belt loop started to let go along the top seam so I emailed ODM to see if they could do anything about it. They quickly got back to me and told me to send it in. Once they got the bag they realized that the webbing was too short to catch the seam completely. They offered to fix it but the person who does that work was not going to be in for a few weeks so they sent me a new bag instead. Problem solved from my first email to getting the new bag in 9 days. Great customer service!

I would expect them to compensate you for the shipping and the inconvenience.  Not sure why you are so happy with the service. If they had a better QA you would not have to waste your time and money shipping the bag to them. And if you had to, a little something such as free leader wallet or a t-shirt and a full refund would have been more appropriate. After all, such issues should have been identified before you bought your bag..

Edited by levari

4 hours ago, beerdoh said:

So are you saying that you've never had a problem with anything made in the US? The problems with the ODM bags are likely growing pains with getting the manufacturer up to speed. I have a Surfwave bag and ODM replaced the D-Rings and shoulder strap. The D-Rings were spec'd to be stainless but the vendor delivered something else. The clips on the shoulder strap corroded so they redesigned with heavy plastic clips and sent new ones free of charge. This is a good company that is providing excellent customer service on their bags. Most products regardless of where they are made have some issues.

On the other hand, ODM also make excellent rods but their rod warranty sucks. My local dealer is considering dropping them because of it and I am hesitant to by one. Why the inconsistency with the warranty between products?

beerdoh, i don't know of your age, but there was a time and place in the USA, When products were made in the US with American Pride, the Country has been sold out to oversees, Asian manufacturers, for cheap labor, do you really think, Asian workers care, for American Pride, they just care for American dollars, i am a good friend of Jamie from Flatlander, and Artis of Gear -Up, two American made plugbags, they both have American-Built Pride,

7 hours ago, beerdoh said:

ANd this right there is something I will never ever use as a way to rationalize or defend a  business...Nothing doing with ODM or anything specific company.

But it's something I just can't wrap my head around..... whenever I point out something negative in a review I do.   There are always the "defenders" ((that's what I call them))   I see that alllllll the time...

They make rods...it's their first time making reels.

They do this well but they are working out the kinks.

They are a new business breaking into......

I always get a chuckle and find it strange......because last I checked all these companies were up to speed with their marketing distribution and pricing.  

So often anymore there isn't a single employee of said company that ever lays eyes or even a hand on the product before it's on a shelf or on a mail truck.

And so often I've seen the...send the product in for repair.....and I get a new one....Which is cool......but you know damn well they don't have a repair technician never have never will....the cost of a warm body to even open the box costs more than the product ((again...not singling out ODM...but countless other compnanies the beauty of it is often you get a package in a day fulfilled by amazon....gee.....about that warm body....)

Posted (edited) · Report post

42 mins ago, scoobydoo said:

ANd this right there is something I will never ever use as a way to rationalize or defend a  business...Nothing doing with ODM or anything specific company.

But it's something I just can't wrap my head around..... whenever I point out something negative in a review I do.   There are always the "defenders" ((that's what I call them))   I see that alllllll the time...

They make rods...it's their first time making reels.

They do this well but they are working out the kinks.

They are a new business breaking into......

I always get a chuckle and find it strange......because last I checked all these companies were up to speed with their marketing distribution and pricing.  

So often anymore there isn't a single employee of said company that ever lays eyes or even a hand on the product before it's on a shelf or on a mail truck.

And so often I've seen the...send the product in for repair.....and I get a new one....Which is cool......but you know damn well they don't have a repair technician never have never will....the cost of a warm body to even open the box costs more than the product ((again...not singling out ODM...but countless other compnanies the beauty of it is often you get a package in a day fulfilled by amazon....gee.....about that warm body....)

What about compensating the customers’ time wasted and cost to pack and ship the product back to the company for exchange?

I never could figure out customers who are still happy after wasting $20 to ship the defective product and one hour of their time traveling and waiting in line in the post office..

Edited by levari

25 mins ago, levari said:

What about compensating the customers’ time wasted and cost to pack and ship the product back to the company for exchange?

I never could figure out customers who are still happy after wasting $20 to ship the defective product and one hour of their time traveling and waiting in line in the post office..

That's the worst.  Been there many a time.  It's even better when they screw up the next step.

And there is no recourse.  

hours of time wasted with cable or cell phone companies.....15 years a customer......was told "that's not worth a month's bill....I feel it's worth 50$"   

If you can't even squeeze cable companies.....who else is gonna do it.  Keeping in mind that 90% of the products  cost 10% of their retail nowadays.

I guess if you ever have new car trouble and have to take it in for repair , the dealer should compensate you for the aggravation. Sometimes you have to go back several times. I know I'm going to get crap for this but a lot of people's expectations are that if it's expensive it should never break and last forever. Everything manufactured, regardless of origin, isn't always perfect.