Matt Szwagulinski

Hudson River Fishing With Artificials.

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Been fishing all different types of lure in the Hudson from the west side of Manhattan all the way up north to Kingston...  I usually will fish with light tackle and every type of lure. From bucktails to spoons which would include different plugs...The main thing is to just try the lure and be persistent...

One half to one ounce bucktail jigs, Soft shell crab pieces in the fall.  Bass to thirty or more pounds. Did it for about thirty years. Northern Manhattan, Riverdale .  Daytime for jigs  topwaters.  Evening for softies. Jigs are best now. Tight lines Tom

17 mins ago, StriperTC said:

One half to one ounce bucktail jigs, Soft shell crab pieces in the fall.  Bass to thirty or more pounds. Did it for about thirty years. Northern Manhattan, Riverdale .  Daytime for jigs  topwaters.  Evening for softies. Jigs are best now. Tight lines Tom

Do you think its worth trying Jersey city or should I go up more North around this time of the year?

Thanks

On 5/17/2018 at 6:42 PM, Matt Szwagulinski said:

Thanks for all the help. Maybe giving it a shot after the weekend. Don’t think it is a good idea to head down for the first real time with heavy winds and rain.

If you do you will have the area to your self.

By the old crab house pier and exchange place in JC bass are have being had on cut bunker.

I like the liberty state park area myself, more room to get around. Just stay off the rocks, patrol there gets testy