buddha162

Fluke Sammiches

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Thanks guys, it was a fun, simple video to do!

5 hours ago, Tom T said:

Plus great tip on the whisking

As a young cook being shown that trick saved my arms from falling off. Bad whisking posture can f you up for days lol...

nice job buddha, made me hungry :drool:

i liked the seasoning the egg wash bit. putting it in the flour does seem like an act of faith. have to try that. :th: 

6 mins ago, rocco said:

i liked the seasoning the egg wash bit. putting it in the flour does seem like an act of faith. have to try that. :th: 

Yeah sprinkling some salt into flour/breadcrumbs never made much sense to me. No way you're getting even seasoning that way. Maybe powdered salt + sieving?

16 mins ago, buddha162 said:

Yeah sprinkling some salt into flour/breadcrumbs never made much sense to me. No way you're getting even seasoning that way. Maybe powdered salt + sieving?

I think you're getting a little anal here.  And that's fine.

Personally, I don't see an issue with seasoning your breadcrumbs and incorporating well.  Whether it's just salt or a fully seasoned breading.

6 mins ago, Tom T said:

I think you're getting a little anal here.  And that's fine.

Personally, I don't see an issue with seasoning your breadcrumbs and incorporating well.  Whether it's just salt or a fully seasoned breading.

Haha guilty, 100%. When I say "season" I just mean salt...dried herbs etc mixed into breadcrumbs works just fine. 

i have a flounder francaise recipe that uses garlic and onion powder paprika and a couple other things that goes in the flour. its good so i guess it works fine, but they all seem to have different sized grains and densities, especially compared to the flour. even after incorporating well, i still feel like the seasonings going to all end up on the bottom or in one spot. :shrug: 

i did say "feel" and we all know how much trouble feelings can get you in :o