flyangler

Comey Blowing Off Senate Intel Comm, Rand Asking Haspel Tough Questions

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

The Senate Intel Committee is holding a closed-door meeting today to question Obama admin IC officials about the assessment process into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. This, the serious committee (relative to the House version), is run by Burr and Warner. Invited to the meeting are Clapper, Brennan, Rogers and Comey. 

Guess who is NOT attending because he has a scheduling conflict? Comey, hmmmm, wonder what might be more important than his clearing his chest? I mean, he’s all about getting to the truth so the justice can be served preserving the American Way. 

Burr and Warner hope to have this wrapped and a report published by the end of August. Plenty of time before the election to let the findings be debated. 

Meanwhile, Rand Paul has presented Haspel some written questions regarding her knowledge of Brennan or anyone else at CIA interacting with foreign intel agencies vis-a-vis the 2016 election and the Trump campaign. He’s very specific and asks here straight up and asks if she has any knowledge of the CIA working with foreign IC assets over the LAST FIVE YEARS to surveil Trump. And RP is very focused on Brennan, Trump’s #1 Nemesis among the former Obama IC heads. 

BTW, where is the Obama memoir? I keep looking for it on Amazon and don’t see it.  

Oh no, not "tough questions". Ya really wanna get some nonresults, ya gotta prance out lawman trey gowdy. He'll ask those "tough questions". Then watch how much nothing happens.

10 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Oh no, not "tough questions". Ya really wanna get some nonresults, ya gotta prance out lawman trey gowdy. He'll ask those "tough questions". Then watch how much nothing happens.

5 mins ago, The Dude said:

Gowdy isn't seeking reelection. Devin Nunes is the new, dumber version of Gowdy.

How are either of these on-topic? Who mentioned Gowdy? Go the to post in the Outhouse about what Rand is asking Haspel and tell us there how those are not “tough questions”? 

Rand Paul does not want Haspel to run CIA. He said yesterday in an interview the he thinks she’s an acolyte of Brennan and as dirty as he is vis-a-vis IC abuses against Trump. 

You mean to tell me you think Rand’s questions are softballs if he believes she should not be confirmed?

:headscratch:

1 min ago, fishinambition said:

Ok so what happens after the tough questions? Besides nothing. The right wing theater has grown tiresome. 

Wait, I thought libruls were against Haspel because of waterboarding. Isn’t the enemy of my enemy my friend? So an anti-Haspel Rand Paul should be applauded by those against her, no?

10 mins ago, fishinambition said:

Meanwhile she'll be CIA director, everyone will have forgotten all the tough questions in 2 days and business as usual will proceed. 

I guess that all depends on whether she answers the questions and what she says. Her answers, if provided, could have a much longer shelf life than a couple of days. 

1 hour ago, tomkaz said:

The Senate Intel Committee is holding a closed-door meeting today to question Obama admin IC officials about the assessment process into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. This, the serious committee (relative to the House version), is run by Burr and Warner. Invited to the meeting are Clapper, Brennan, Rogers and Comey. 

Guess who is NOT attending because he has a scheduling conflict? Comey, hmmmm, wonder what might be more important than his clearing his chest? I mean, he’s all about getting to the truth so the justice can be served preserving the American Way. 

Burr and Warner hope to have this wrapped and a report published by the end of August. Plenty of time before the election to let the findings be debated. 

Meanwhile, Rand Paul has presented Haspel some written questions regarding her knowledge of Brennan or anyone else at CIA interacting with foreign intel agencies vis-a-vis the 2016 election and the Trump campaign. He’s very specific and asks here straight up and asks if she has any knowledge of the CIA working with foreign IC assets over the LAST FIVE YEARS to surveil Trump. And RP is very focused on Brennan, Trump’s #1 Nemesis among the former Obama IC heads. 

BTW, where is the Obama memoir? I keep looking for it on Amazon and don’t see it.

You'll need to look in the bulk toilet paper ilse for it if it's ever released.