EarningStripes207

Fishy claims in Southern Maine

60 posts in this topic

The micros are out in force. Caught 6 fish in the 16”-20” range today. Until my reel messed up. Nice to start my season!

Anyone gettin fish off the beaches? I wanna soak some chunk macs n clams. Any seaweed yet?

1 hour ago, Nbourque said:

Anyone gettin fish off the beaches? I wanna soak some chunk macs n clams. Any seaweed yet?

Caught my first off the beach with the kids yesterday, only lasted about 45 minutes with the cold and wind, and there was already a fair amount of seaweed, but still fishable.  About 24”, on an alewife chunk. 

E1CB306B-E6E9-46E7-91FE-B9F49A5C9736.jpeg

Posted (edited)

picked up about 12 fish today trolling a tube in the river one 22" but the rest all under 20", met success was had with bloodworms tipped on the hooks but a few also caught with just a bare hook and tube, anyone been having luck on lures I've  made a lot of casts with sp minnows and poppers this year with no results in the same areas bait fishing Is productive. hope everyone is enjoying the incoming schools of fresh fish can't wait to catch a chunky keeper.

Edited by EarningStripes207
=

On 6/4/2018 at 6:29 PM, TwoLightsKid said:

Caught my first off the beach with the kids yesterday, only lasted about 45 minutes with the cold and wind, and there was already a fair amount of seaweed, but still fishable.  About 24”, on an alewife chunk. 

E1CB306B-E6E9-46E7-91FE-B9F49A5C9736.jpeg

Awesome family pic man, looks like a happy bunch........and the fish is just the icing

picked up 12 fish today trolling a tube rig around the river had most of our luck with tipping tubes with sandworts but tubes without worms also produced a few fish at a slower pace. has anyone been having luck with lures lately ant seem to get a hint matter how many casts I make with sp minnows and poppers, could probably shrink the size of my topwater offerings but Im surprised I haven't hooked a fish on any swimming lures yet would love to hear about anyone else experience in regard to lures that produce well alongside sandworts in the early season.

Anybody ever fished up in Midcoast? I have fished off of a family property in Waldoboro ME but haven't found anything bigger than 20-24 inches. 

Posted (edited)

On 5/16/2018 at 9:22 AM, EarningStripes207 said:

Also can anyone give insight on this years regs regarding Herring/Alewife 

From the OP, does anyone have any info on this? I've been told no fishing for them Thursday night to Sunday in ME, no catching alewife PERIOD in South Berwick (even though tons of people still do it?), no catching on Wednesdays in NH (this is the only one I have been able to verify). Live-lining definitely isn't my preferred way to fish, but I'd still like to know what the regs are.

Edited by drmevo