bassturds

aggressive animals in the woods?

158 posts in this topic

21 mins ago, mikez2 said:

That's just wrong on so many levels....

Sure, the harmless snake didn't deserve it. 

The real problem is, idiots like that always end up swinging and missing and hitting some innocent toothless inbred witless redneck bystander, or their furry four legged love partners with their stick.

Another needless stick accident.

Then they whine when the gubmant passes stick safety laws.....

I shuck oysters alive too.  And drop lobsters in boiling water.

And don't get me started on what I do to ticks.

14 mins ago, jkrock said:

I shuck oysters alive too.  And drop lobsters in boiling water.

And don't get me started on what I do to ticks.

I feed ticks alive to my fish. Sometimes they have my blood and flesh attached. I noticed my fish been looking at me funny lately.

They been swimming kinda crooked too...

Posted (edited)

I'm with you.  A lot of times I stick hooks in frogs or small fish in the hopes of having fun yanking a bigger fish around by it's mouth, hoping it doesn't die when I let it go.  i know a lot of the small fish and frogs don't find this enjoyable.  Well. I assume they don't by the body language.

The things we do for fun

I do seem to  find more frogs to use for bait if I control the population of snakes....but that's probably just wishful thinking....or not

Edited by jkrock

On 5/23/2018 at 8:59 AM, Joe G said:

More facts have started to emerge from this encounter....….perhaps some of us can learn from this tragic event as mountain lions make their way deeper into Western and Central MA. 

"As the two cyclist biked the foothills, they heard a scream from behind and looked back to see a cougar approaching them.  The two tried to ride away from the cougar but realized they could not outpace an animal believed to be capable of running 30 miles per hour.

The two then got off their bikes and shouted at the animal, and one swung a bike at it.  It seemed to work, and the animal ran into the woods.  But as they were about to leave, the cougar burst out of the woods and attacked one biker, latching onto his head and shaking him violently.

At that point the second biker dropped his bike and ran away, but the cougar followed and killed him.

The first biker pedaled 2 miles to get a cellular signal and called for help.  Searchers found the cougar a short distance from the original attack site, standing over the second bikers body.

A team of hunters were called in to track down and kill the animal." 

Maybe this could have been prevented if the bicyclists had spent more time getting to know the animal?  

Posted (edited)

Found one of them there water snakes at my fishing spot the other day.  Biggest one I've ever seen.  I did not bash it to death with a stick though because I am not a needle dick idiot.  :)

20180528_161136(2).jpg

Edited by Intrepid95

37 mins ago, Intrepid95 said:

Found one of them there water snakes at my fishing spot the other day.  Biggest one I've ever seen.  I did not bash it to death with a stick though because I am not a needle dick idiot.  :)

20180528_161136(2).jpg

nice,way to go! btw,that's a queen snake,super docile,specializes in eating crawdads

Posted (edited)

5 hours ago, Intrepid95 said:

20180528_161136(2).jpg

Catch, Photo, Release...awesome!

Edited by seasnake