Mikeinri

Wtb a surf fishing combo

10 posts in this topic

Longest rod I own is 9’.  Like to have sometging a bit longer that will cast a bit further.  A good all around rod that can sling an eel and throw a GRS slim. If you have one for sale I’d be interested.  If just a suggestion I don’t mind buying new.   I already have a vs 150.  Was thinking I would have to buy a new reel though I’m thinking if I get a light setup maybe this reel will work?   Any suggestions?  No set budget though I could spend more on the rod if I can use the reel.. hear a lot about century and black hole.. 

Any interest in a St. Croix Legend Surf Spinning rod?  It’s the LGSS106MM2 model rated to 4oz.  I used it twice at the canal but just one too many rods.  $400 cash pickup/meet up in MA.

8 mins ago, InvokeFifth said:

I paired a vs150 with Century sling shot 10’6” and it threw a mile. 

They paired well?  I was hoping to hear this.. prefer to just buy the rod and use the reel in both setups for now as I won’t be using them in the same situations.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have a 1pc St. Croix Legend 10'6 surf spinning rod rated 1-4 oz I'm willing to sell as I no longer surfcast.   It was regularly used on fishing expeditions to Block Island and Cuttyhunk as well the Jersey shore and I found it a faithful and reliable companion.  Because I fished hard and did marathon sessions, it took a beating but it still looks good, is durable and should provide many more years of use.

I have it paired with the VS250 which I'm also willing to sell if you're interested.   The only caveat with this reel is it's a L (for southpaws).  It too has been faithful and reliable, and took quite a beating along with the rod but it continued and will continue to truck on with proper maintenance (although I haven't it in years). It has scratches as expected from enduring hard and rough use.

IMO, it's a superb combo for many applications.

Asking $375 for the rod, $500 for the VS.   The only problem is they need to be p/u and I'm in north NJ - although I would consider meeting somewhere halfway.

I don't have pictures of them at the moment but can get them for you if you're interested.

EDIT:  The VS is black - which is the proper color for night surfcasters. :shaky:

Edited by GeoffT

I have a brand new Penn Slammer 3 with a new 10' Okuma Cedos CSX 2 piece rated 2-5 and new 30# braid. $300 for this setup 

I can take some more pics later if interested 

20180509_154805.jpg

20180509_154758.jpg

On 5/16/2018 at 9:12 AM, GeoffT said:

I have a 1pc St. Croix Legend 10'6 surf spinning rod rated 1-4 oz I'm willing to sell as I no longer surfcast.   It was regularly used on fishing expeditions to Block Island and Cuttyhunk as well the Jersey shore and I found it a faithful and reliable companion.  Because I fished hard and did marathon sessions, it took a beating but it still looks good, is durable and should provide many more years of use.

I have it paired with the VS250 which I'm also willing to sell if you're interested.   The only caveat with this reel is it's a L (for southpaws).  It too has been faithful and reliable, and took quite a beating along with the rod but it continued and will continue to truck on with proper maintenance (although I haven't it in years). It has scratches as expected from enduring hard and rough use.

IMO, it's a superb combo for many applications.

Asking $375 for the rod, $500 for the VS.   The only problem is they need to be p/u and I'm in north NJ - although I would consider meeting somewhere halfway.

I don't have pictures of them at the moment but can get them for you if you're interested.