Mlugris

Do i need permit to start surf casting on LI

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

Hello everyone first time on the site and very new to fishing and was wondering if i need permits to surfcast at Robert moses, cedar beach etc..  any help would be apreciated thanks in advance !!

Posted (edited) · Report post

Welcome to the site! Not sure about those south shore beaches as I don't fish them, but I do know you have to get your saltwater registry, which can be accomplished online or over the phone through the DEC, or at a local tackle shop all for free.

Edited by Leatherface

Registry is all you need. Free online as mentioned. The permits are required for night parking and 4x4 beach driving.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Saltwater registration is only available through March 30th, better luck next season.   /S

Edited by GarbageFish
/S

4 hours ago, GarbageFish said:

Saltwater registration is only available through March 30th, better luck next season.

That would be night permit fishing for few spots.

Marine registry is open all year around.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:49 PM, GarbageFish said:

Saltwater registration is only available through March 30th, better luck next season.   /S

If youre referring to the night fishing or 4x4 permit, he can still get it after Labor Day for the fall season. 

On 5/16/2018 at 2:19 PM, Mlugris said:

awesome picked that up already , and thanks again ! so what beaches do you guys usually fish at

Welcome

On 5/18/2018 at 6:29 AM, Leatherface said:

This is not true.

Aboard Mlugris!  You are going to like it hear!

That Registry allows you to fish in NJ, CT, and RI.  You must go on line the get your Jersey Permit for free. CT and RI honor your NY permit.  NY State has saltwater borders with NJ, CT and RI.

We can not tell you on line in these discussions.  There are hundreds of people i on Long Island that try to find out where the fish are and then show up in Hoards.

Once you post over 15 time on sol you will be eligible for PM's Private Messages from you to the rest of us. and we to you.  I seldom fish LI except in the Fall out East.Salt water Registration I believe lasts a year from the date you get it. Then you need to apply again.  It's Free and helps NY keep the Federal Fisheries the number of Salt water Fishermen in NY State.

On 5/17/2018 at 4:49 PM, GarbageFish said:

Garbage in = Garbage out! :howdy:

It is good for 365 days from the date you get it. when it expires you must re register.

You can get it on line, thru Bait Shops and sporting goods stores all year long.