big country

St Croix Mojo 10 ft for Sale

21 posts in this topic

Im selling a Mojo 2 piece (model #-> MSS100MMF2 - 10' FT MEDIUM POWER, Mod-Fast Action SCii Graphite 10-20 1-4 oz rod. 

Ive fished this rod once while traveling (2 piece is nice for that).. replaced the foregrip with regular cork tape, so its non-slip. 

$220.00 BRAND NEW

Selling for $175.. I would prefer local pickup on Long Island. Id also consider a trade for an Avet Reel in good condition.. 

BC

I am pretty local to you. If you would like to sell for cash picked up, and not ship I can offer you $100 picked up. My brother

is showing some interest in surf fishing, I would like to buy him an upgrade from his ugly stik.

pics coming.. 

FYI: the 2nd time I used this rod, the reel seat came loose. I was too lazy to send it back to St Croix. I am a rod builder, so I just removed the old reel seat, and replaced it.. its good as new (or better, because it doesnt spin, lol), the only difference now is that the foregrip is ONLY cork tape, I did not have X-Flock to install on the fore grip. I actually like cork tape better on the foregrip, it doesnt get slippery with fish slime.. I like it on the rear grip so that the cork tape doesnt eat away at your waders in your crotch.. posting pics from my phone

Posted (edited) · Report post

Seems there's issues with all newer st croix reel seats. They all come "undone" on their own. Often at the worst time (when fighting a nice fish). The upgrade you made makes this rod better than new imo. I have this one and a 9'. Both reel seats constantly coming loose. Not the case with this specific rod...good luck with the sale!

Edited by Nomad92