Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jayfaro

Custom Built St Croix 4M80MHF 8’ Med/Hvy Casting rod

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I bought this rod to throw large plugs. It’s stout and handled anything I can throw at it on the cape. It’s a custom rod with the name of the buyer on it. I covered it with a small Striper decal as seen in the pics. Lol 

Fuji ACS reel seat and guides

Overall its in really nice shape with some minor signs of use. It’s the same blue blank like used on the Legend Tournament series but it doesn’t say Legend so I can’t confirm this. 

Im not looking to ship. I live in Townsend Ma and can meet around 495/93/2/3/290/190 southern NH and northern RI and CT within reason of course. Will try and meet at least half way if not more. 

Please post with any questions. 

As for trades, I might be interested in a 10-10’6 surf rod but in all honesty I hate spinning rods so I’d prefer cash.

Price: $150 OBO

specs

8’ Med/Hvy

Split grip 

30-50 lb line

3/4-3 oz

Fuji ACS reel seat

I just ran the model and it’s part of the Musky series buck tail and top water series. The blank alone retails for $230. If you google the model number you’ll see it on mudhole rod building supplies

278AEEEF-0D84-48FD-84C5-633AF401E079.jpeg

DED3D32A-53B0-48FF-9D68-92B032D5AB42.jpeg

73C09C22-E441-42CD-8254-DD1164253FF0.jpeg

Edited by jayfaro
Added info on the St Croix blank

Posted (edited) · Report post

I just ran the model and it’s part of the Musky series buck tail and top water series. The blank alone retails for $230. If you google the model number you’ll see it on mudhole rod building supplies.

Edited by jayfaro
Removed the link for another website

I will take this if we can figure out a meet up.  I'm in Hartford, traveling to and from cape this coming Friday and Sunday, respectively.

I have a st. croix mojo surf, 10'6" 2-6oz, I could include in trade but cash is also fine.

I have some time on Friday anytime after 10 and before 2. What is the route you’ll be taking? Will you be near 290 or 495. I’m going to PM you my cell so we can figure out a meeting spot. Also maybe on Thursday I can meet you somewhere between the Ma border and Hartford off 84. PM coming. Rod is sold pending meeting,