McNizzles

Basement find

11 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I was recently cleaning out a relatives basement, and among other interesting things, I found this lure. Could not see any marks or stamps and was curious when/where it was made. Figured I'd ask before I put on a stinger and assist hook and snag everything in my local pond.Lots of cool stuff there, ice fishing gear with linen line, an old hand line and a powderhorn among other things.Thanks for looking!

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

This is a pretty old lure.  Likely made by heddon. It’s a model 100 in strawberry I believe.  Wouldn’t fish this.   Could sell it and buy a bunch of fishable lures.  Could be pflueger too. Tough to say for sure without the props marked.  Either way it’s collectible..

It’s a Pflueger three hook underwater minnow about 100 years old. Probably made for the “ trade” with unmarked props. Has Pflueger never fail hardware. Hang it don’t fish it

16 mins ago, Roy C said:

It’s a Pflueger three hook underwater minnow about 100 years old. Probably made for the “ trade” with unmarked props. Has Pflueger never fail hardware. Hang it don’t fish it

That was my first thought Pflueger.

13 hours ago, McNizzles said:

Hey guys, I was recently cleaning out a relatives basement, and among other interesting things, I found this lure. Could not see any marks or stamps and was curious when/where it was made. Figured I'd ask before I put on a stinger and assist hook and snag everything in my local pond.Lots of cool stuff there, ice fishing gear with linen line, an old hand line and a powderhorn among other things.Thanks for looking!

IMG_3732.JPG

IMG_3733.JPG

Should of posted pictures of the other stuff.

Pflueger 3-Hook Neverfail Underwater Minnow

Figure between $40 and $70

That looks like a premium condition so maybe a few bucks more

The box would double it's value

Very nice, thanks a bunch! The colors on it really caught my eye. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised at the age, the gentleman who owned it had hunting/dog registration papers from 1918 for Natick MA (my hometown).

I will post some more pictures here when I get a chance, thanks again!

On 5/16/2018 at 11:53 AM, McNizzles said:

Very nice, thanks a bunch! The colors on it really caught my eye. I guess I shouldn't have been so surprised at the age, the gentleman who owned it had hunting/dog registration papers from 1918 for Natick MA (my hometown).

I will post some more pictures here when I get a chance, thanks again!

I'd love to see more pics.