Gotcow?

A Question for Trump and the Congressional Republicans

Rate this topic

38 posts in this topic

Provided that the Republicans continue to hold majorities in both chambers do they have a plan to stop deficit spending and reduce the debt?

Will Trump ever demand of Congress a reduction in spending/balanced budget to stop piling up the debt?

And don't tell me about what Obama did to the debt...........we all know.

If Trump and the Republicans really want to MAGA they are going to have to keep the 800# gorilla from getting any fatter.

Who actually thinks either of them has any desire to do so?

Just now, The Dude said:

Based on recent historical performance, I believe their plan is to increase both spending and debt. Most likely in a significant fashion.

And even though the right went apesh*t over the debt during the Obama years now overspending and increasing debt will become he acceptable norm because Trump.

The spending thing is where I disagree with Trump.

But, I figger he is 6 moves ahead of me, and 3 ahead of everyone else, so he has it covered.

Or he doesn't, and we hit the cliff at 120 instead of 100mph, big deal, we are no deader.

Rand Paul’s plan to balance the budget by 2023 goes in front of the Senate this week!

im not optimistic 

Neither party has the ba..s to go after entitlement reform which is the primary driver.

Debt will continue to grow until someone says to all american's you have to take this bitter pill.

Before anyone thinks about "reforming" entitlements get the huge tax give away money back in the coffers AND if you are going to cut SS etc. I want ALL the money I kicked in for 50 years with interest !!!!

22 hours ago, The Dude said:

Based on recent historical performance, I believe their plan is to increase both spending and debt. Most likely in a significant fashion.

This^^^  

Not a dimes worth of difference between the republican nancy-boys and the pinkos.  

I do not accept the budget, the debt, and the recent spending Bill at all.  It is complete and total BS, and I hate that Trump signed that BS Bill that Congress passed.

I do understand that the only way to truly tackle the debt requires spending cuts that would likely result in Impeachment and/or Assassination of the politicians responsible for it, and without question, getting voted out of Office at the first possible opportunity, so I can understand why they don't want to do it, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

To get it done, you'd have to cut military spending, cut welfare, cut social security, cut Medicare/Medicaid, deport the dead weight by the millions (of people), fire all kinds of people from government jobs, and reduce all kinds of government spending.  SO MANY people would be out for blood that in the chaos, many politicians would indeed be killed.

Just now, PlumFishing said:

When you elect the self proclaimed king of debt, you shouldn’t be shocked when you get...more debt. 

He's not the bigger problem.