cclifford85

Laser Sardine SP Minnow

Rate this topic

40 posts in this topic

11 mins ago, Matteo78 said:

any color should work fine. They key in on the size and the wiggle. I tested this theory once and caught fish in the same spot with different colors.

thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got an entire variety of different color SP minnows, including laser sardine (I think). But the only ones that have Hook rash and teeth marks in them are chicken scratch and blurple. Never seem to catch on anything else...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 mins ago, ThrowinPlugs said:

I've got an entire variety of different color SP minnows, including laser sardine (I think). But the only ones that have Hook rash and teeth marks in them are chicken scratch and blurple. Never seem to catch on anything else...

thanks

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 mins ago, GP100 said:

Pretty sure I have a laser sardine sp minnow. It catches just fine.

Yes, not the first plug out of my bag but more of a personal confidence thing rather than a slight to its fish catching ability.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

My favorite's are bone and blurple but any color fished in the right conditions will work.

 

Those 2 and laser sardine are the only 3 i have.

 

They do fine.  Bone more, but i use it more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 mins ago, Sandbar1 said:

My favorite's are bone and blurple but any color fished in the right conditions will work.

:agree: bone in the day......blurple in the dark (my general rule of thumb for just about all plugs).  That's all you need....but the other colors also work.  I think the majority of the colors (especially the crazy ones) are there to catch the fishermen more than the fish.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 mins ago, jesgord said:

:agree: bone in the day......blurple in the dark (my general rule of thumb for just about all plugs).  That's all you need....but the other colors also work.  I think the majority of the colors (especially the crazy ones) are there to catch the fishermen more than the fish.

Yes those are the staples and I always carry them. Then mix and match as necessary.

Green or blue mack in the canal, yellow when bunker are around, parrot in dirty water.

I try to just carry what I need in my bag for a specific time and the specific conditions I'm fishing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any will work 90% of the time. I have most and find myself throwing bone, and the one with the dark back and silver sides. I have caught schoolies on every color no problem. Get the sink version. Marginal difference between the floater and sinker and snker casts  bit better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited) · Report post

Chicken Scratch day or night, blurple and school bus.  For whatever reason those produce for me in all light conditions. 

Edited by fishless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.