Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Skkeeter

WTT Custom Knives for Rods or Reels

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

I guess this is more of a feeler WTT ad than anything to see if there is any interest. These are mostly high end custom knives made in limited runs. Buses Combat, ScrapYard, and SwampRat knives are all affiliated and have a big following. These are the ones I'm willing to trade for some fishing gear. For reference the top knife has a 10" blade. These are worth roughly $100-400 depending on which model. The bottom two knives are Cattaraugus225Q Navy issued knives. One of them is in near mint condition. 

I'm looking for a 11-12' Surf spinning rod, 2-6oz and in the vicinity of 20oz weight max. Custom or factory but  something nice and in great shape. 

Also looking for a used/new Shimano Mid to high end (Gosa, Spheros, TwinP) Saltwater spinning reel, size 6000 only.   

Unfortunately, Shipping will have to be utilized as I'm on the West Coast in enemy territory (CA)

knife.jpg

Edited by Skkeeter

Very nice knives. I'll check my inventory tomorrow morning as far as rods/reels. I'm in Jersey so yeah we'd be shipping stuff. 

Can you give details/specs/price on the 2 middle(3rd and 4th from top) knives? 

Thanks

Nick

Both are Unused and mint, solid tang. The 3rd is a Busse Mud Razor OAL=12.5". Google can give you all the specs. Apparently pretty darn rare and discontinued. I'd value it somewhere between $4-500 but will need to look into it further if your interested. The fourth I honestly can't remember the model name but it's a Swamp Rat. It's OAL=9.25" and I paid around $200 years ago, so a bit north of that as they are collector knives. 

I have a very lightly used TwinPower 8000.  There is no 6000 in this reel and this reel is the right reel for an 11 or 12 foot rod.  5000 is too small.

Can you break them down by name and value? I tried zooming in but I cannot see them.  I know the third and fourth one except for models.  Can you break down the top two for me?

Edited by DaveC

5 hours ago, DaveC said:

I have a very lightly used TwinPower 8000.  There is no 6000 in this reel and this reel is the right reel for an 11 or 12 foot rod.  5000 is too small.

Can you break them down by name and value? I tried zooming in but I cannot see them.  I know the third and fourth one except for models.  Can you break down the top two for me?

Ha, your right on the Shimano TwinP. I really can't use a reel over 17oz as I cast all day and at 22oz that's a bit on the heavy side. 

1. ScrapYard KnifeCo. 15.25" Long, 10" blade. $350 W/Kydex

2. Busse KniveCo NMSFNO SR101 13" Long, 7" Blade length. $435

3. Busse KnifeCo "Extremely limited Run" Mud Razor $585

4. SwampRat KnifeCo Model=?? 9 3/8" Length, 4" Blade $225

5. Cattaraugus225Q 10.5" Length 5.5" blade $175

6. Cattaraugus225Q  $125

These are Aprox. values from searching around the internet. Initially I thought the "Mud Razor" was only worth around $300, as they originally sold for just under that. But a recent search shows them to have appreciated to almost double now.

Edited by Skkeeter

5 hours ago, Skkeeter said:

Ha, your right on the Shimano TwinP. I really can't use a reel over 17oz as I cast all day and at 22oz that's a bit on the heavy side. 

1. ScrapYard KnifeCo. 15.25" Long, 10" blade. $350 W/Kydex

2. Busse KniveCo NMSFNO SR101 13" Long, 7" Blade length. $435

3. Busse KnifeCo "Extremely limited Run" Mud Razor $585

4. SwampRat KnifeCo Model=?? 9 3/8" Length, 4" Blade $225

5. Cattaraugus225Q 10.5" Length 5.5" blade $175

6. Cattaraugus225Q  $125

These are Aprox. values from searching around the internet. Initially I thought the "Mud Razor" was only worth around $300, as they originally sold for just under that. But a recent search shows them to have appreciated to almost double now.

Well, let me know if you reconsider. This reel is perfect with and 11 or 12, in my opinion. However, it is your call.