albacized

Delta terminal, Atlanta

Rate this topic

14 posts in this topic

I know Atlanta is the hub for Delta Airlines and from what I recall (from like 10 years ago), there are numerous concourses to access various gates for Delta flights (with an underground train that accesses all the gates) - if I have an hour and half layover, are all these concourses close enough so I can relax, go find some food, then walk to the gate? At this point, I don't know the gates yet, since  this is still over two weeks out, but assume its the farthest distance between gates

Hour and a half will be plenty of time. I was just there 2 months ago and had about 20 minutes, due to a late flight from Hartford, to make it to the next gate. We had one of our party in a wheelchair and made it with about 5 minutes to spare. Walking will be even quicker as you won't have to wait for elevators etc.

Why is it that, when you land in Atlanta, it's at gate 23 of 25 and then take off from gate 25 of 25, in a different terminal? I think it's done deliberately.

Atlanta airport is a good damn nightmare. I remember the first time I flew there I almost had a heart attack walking from the gate. I had no idea the airport terminal is like 5 miles long.

I fly in and out of Atlanta a lot. Yes, you can ride the tram from terminal to terminal. You can also walk from terminal to terminal, although it is a bit of a hike I have done it many times when my flight is delayed. Not the worst airport in the world to be stuck at unless you are in the T Gates, not much there. Good luck!

Alan

1 hour ago, albacized said:

I know Atlanta is the hub for Delta Airlines and from what I recall (from like 10 years ago), there are numerous concourses to access various gates for Delta flights (with an underground train that accesses all the gates) - if I have an hour and half layover, are all these concourses close enough so I can relax, go find some food, then walk to the gate? At this point, I don't know the gates yet, since  this is still over two weeks out, but assume its the farthest distance between gates

You can eat in either AB or T (Delta)  Dont go "out".  

Either Terminal A or B, cant remember.  Go to Pascal's and get some fried chicken, white beans, and collards.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:32 AM, albacized said:

I fly through Atlanta weekly on Delta.  There are delta gates at all all concourses in Atlanta (T, then A-F).  Atlanta is huge, but you should still have plenty of time for a meal and to walk or tram to your gate.  The best restaurant at ATL is One Flew South in Concourse E.

Other good spots are Chick Fil A and Varasanos in Concourse A, Paschals in Concourse B, and Chicken + Beer in Concourse D.

On 5/15/2018 at 7:44 AM, natsgrampy said:

Why is it that, when you land in Atlanta, it's at gate 23 of 25 and then take off from gate 25 of 25, in a different terminal? I think it's done deliberately.

The one time I went  through Atlanta I came in on a large plane and switched to a smaller plane for the rest of my flight. Small planes at one end of the airport, big planes at the other?

Peace

On 5/15/2018 at 7:32 AM, albacized said:

Nope..... any other absurd questions