mrl

More GOP swamp drainage

Rate this topic

22 posts in this topic

Just cant make this **** up.

Disgraced former congressman Blake Farenthold (R-TX) has a new job at the taxpayers’ expense: he’s the new “legislative liaison” for the Calhoun Port Authority in Port Lavaca.

Farenthold resigned from Congress in disgrace in April, following revelations that he used $84,0000 in taxpayer funds to settle a sexual harassment lawsuit. He promised to repay taxpayers, but despite even receiving criticism from Gov. Greg Abbott, Farenthold has not yet done so.

According to the Corpus Christi Caller-Times, Farenthold will be paid $160,000 by the port authority.

Legislative liaison is government-speak for a tax-funded lobbyist. He will be responsible for “increasing the small port’s presence and visibility with federal lawmakers, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, the Trump administration and other police makers.”

The port is governed by an six-member board of commissioners elected to four-year terms. The president of the board – Randy L. Boyd, who also heads RLB Contracting in Port Lavaca – has been a big donor to Farenthold’s congressional campaigns.

Posted (edited) · Report post

Good thing nobody on the left does chit like this otherwise this would be very hypocritical of you to focus on just an R.

Edited by Gotcow?

Avoiding the whataboutism WRT the letter after a name, this is supposed to be about the "swamp" and its promised drainage?   Appears the swamp is the same as it ever was and regardless of Trump's campaign promises, that campaign rallying cry of "drain the swamp" will go forever unfilled.  

3 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Avoiding the whataboutism WRT the letter after a name, this is supposed to be about the "swamp" and its promised drainage?   Appears the swamp is the same as it ever was and regardless of Trump's campaign promises, that campaign rallying cry of "drain the swamp" will go forever unfilled.  

Yes because the POTUS should be deeply involved in picking the “legislative liaison” for the Calhoun Port Authority in Port Lavaca.

You people are ridiculous.

1 hour ago, JimG said:

Yes because the POTUS should be deeply involved in picking the “legislative liaison” for the Calhoun Port Authority in Port Lavaca.

Can't give credit where it isn't earned, but can criticize the fact the swamp remains as full and vibrant as it did during the campaign and this here is just another example. 

1 hour ago, JimG said:

THE FISH STINKS FROM THE HEAD DOWN  Draining the swamp was Rumps battle cry as I remember. :howdy:

16 hours ago, Markushook said:

Yep, happens on both sides. I look forward to you pointing out the Lefts hypocrisy sometime soon

14 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Good thing nobody on the left does chit like this otherwise this would be very hypocritical of you to focus on just an R.

14 hours ago, JimG said:

I can throw a rock in ny and nj and hit a democrat with a similar story or worse.

The PG is so confusing for us simple folks, but let me try to get this right.

If a Republican does something wrong, the Republicans point out that Democrats also do wrong stuff, and that makes it OK that the Republican did something wrong? 

And, if a Democrat does something wrong, the Democrats point out that Republicans also do wrong stuff, and that makes it OK that the Democrat did something wrong? 

Well, at least I can ignore all the "What's wrong with this Country" posts ...............

14 hours ago, Gotcow? said:

Can you show me a bunch of posts in which you guys have called out Rs for poor behavior (other than the ones criticizing RINOs, which seem not to count for you guys as they're apparently almost Ds)? 

I can wait..................................................

1 hour ago, ByronPA said:

The PG is so confusing for us simple folks, but let me try to get this right.

If a Republican does something wrong, the Republicans point out that Democrats also do wrong stuff, and that makes it OK that the Republican did something wrong? 

And, if a Democrat does something wrong, the Democrats point out that Republicans also do wrong stuff, and that makes it OK that the Democrat did something wrong? 

Well, at least I can ignore all the "What's wrong with this Country" posts ...............

Actually, around here if a Dem does something wrong it is just another example of how twisted Libs are. You are right about a Repug getting caught then well they all do it. :banghd:  Those silly Repugs. :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: