HugeDinghy

you squid

Rate this topic

41 posts in this topic

I have been out 3 times in the past week. Lots of squid around and if you go late night week days the crowds are not bad. The squid have been around every time but the bite has been hit or miss. Scup smashing squid jigs has been common.

46 mins ago, PaddyCrabby said:

Its fun.   Never done it from shore.  Things are great eats.

Did you go to THAT bridge spot?

No. Just hit up various docks. 

Use a fresh water rod so you can twitch it or whip the jig out there to the shadow line. They are vicious little bastards, but once they grab reel in steady. No pauses or jerks on the retrive and out. Fish it like you would for bass, slow with twitches, a little faster with bursts sometimes pulls them under the lights. If they are right under you feet but will not take then splash the jig on top  .... the spaz of death and just let it drop.

Awesome sight fishing in clear water.

Go **** yourself.

:howdy:

59 mins ago, riverrunner said:

Fark you guys in the big show.....I'd love to catch squid, tasty ****. 

An art form or does one just blunder about ? 

Not at all hard.   We have caught them every place that I have ever dropped anchor.  Lights help a ton.    One mooring location I can load a bucket at night all summer.   Damn things are very canabalistic.  You can put a live one out and it will come back bit up.  

If you don't like getting covred in black ink when cleaning them, then fill a third of your bucket with salt water. When you turn the jig over they fall into the water and ink out.