Marty

Blues-blues W/IRT300

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

Everyone ask the same questions.  Can the reel get wet and dunked?  It’s more can the reel get sandy?  To me sand will kill your fishing night. We all know if a VS gets sandy you just dunk it in salt water and start fishing again. I went bail this year. All my penn torque-VS -ZB reels are bail because I’m a diabetic and my hands get so cold and having a metal plate in my R/wrist the plate gets cold real fast. The Penn torque is out the door for me. I got two bird nest and lost 3 big fish because the bail opened when I got a hit and didn’t know why until I look at the reel and saw the bail wasn’t closed all the way.  I had it on manual bail.   The IRT had no problems with sand. I dunked it a few times and it was ok.  I’m going out tonight with the IRT- I will let you know. 

Gotta give you credit Marty...you asked the questions about irt, did your homework, and actually went out and bought 1 and now fishing I hard. I’m not a believer in These new reels but you definitely earned my respect! Nice work man. 

1 hour ago, MikedNJ said:

Gotta give you credit Marty...you asked the questions about irt, did your homework, and actually went out and bought 1 and now fishing I hard. I’m not a believer in These new reels but you definitely earned my respect! Nice work man. 

Thanks Mike, I didn’t buy the reel. IRT send me the 300 to beat the cxxx out of it. Then send it back for inspection. 

5 hours ago, Marty said:

Thanks Mike, I didn’t buy the reel. IRT send me the 300 to beat the cxxx out of it. Then send it back for inspection. 

Beautiful. Even better. Nice job IRT. Still not impressed but can’t wait to hear results 

15 hours ago, MikedNJ said:

Beautiful. Even better. Nice job IRT. Still not impressed but can’t wait to hear results 

Without washing reel yet. I wash it yesterday in salt water. Drag still going strong. Caught 15 blues this morning. 

FCFEB2AE-0C6C-4D3A-B5EC-D8E37534AED5.jpeg

On 5/15/2018 at 7:45 PM, MikedNJ said:

Have you used one of these? Wondering why your not impressed 

28 mins ago, parkerbows said:

Have you used one of these? Wondering why your not impressed 

Nope haven’t even seen one. Don’t teally have any desire to either. 

3 hours ago, MikedNJ said:

Nope haven’t even seen one. Don’t teally have any desire to either. 

With reels like VS & ZB I wouldn’t even think about the IRT.  I order a ZB 22 - still  didn’t get it. The only reason I said yes to using the IRT was the reel foot. I like that I can use all my fingers to hold the reel. When you get old like me your body parts don’t work like they use to. I just got back from fishing started at 5 pm with blues. Caught about 15 then 2 -27 inch bass at 9 pm and that was it till 1 am. The IRT got wash from the rain last night. I have to say, reel has a smooth drag. I had it loose last night, I wanted to see how smooth the drag was. I’m beating it up. Layed it in the sand, washed it by dunking in the salt water. Not until I start catching some 20 plus bass will I REALY get to know the reel. The reason I step on blue fish. 1- it’s going in my freezer for shark tournament.  2. Last year the blue jumped and the treble when right into my Simms $600 waders. Yes, I’m putting my foot down. 

B0494499-042B-43A7-8AD4-115E13A37039.jpeg

7 hours ago, Popasilov said:

Why would you step on fish???

Why?

I've done that with blueish to take out the hook. Just because you put your foot on them doesn't mean your putting alot of pressure. I've never hurt a fish doing that