Fishy Fisher

Bulk lead

Rate this topic

16 posts in this topic

Hey guys. I haven't been around much here lately. My schedule is tighter than a high school cheerleader.

Anyway, I'm about to run into a giant batch of lead. I'm guessing around a TON. Possibly more. It's sheet lead coming out of an X-ray lab in a doctor's office, so not only is it a huge amount but it should be very pure. From my probes in the walls, it appears to be screwed to the studs with drywall screwed over the top (no glue, grout, waterproofing, tar, etc that you would find with plumbing or roofing reclaims). I would like to (and I certainly can) take it home but it's about 10,000 times more than I could ever use in a lifetime, so before going through the effort of the multiple trips required to get it home, I figured I would try to guage the community here for how much interest there would be in purchasing it. I would not ship it, for sure, and I'm located in Nassau county L I.

So let me know if you're interested. Per the forum rules, this is not a solicitation, which I would do in the bst. It's just to guage interest. Thanks. 

A buddy of mine did construction and was at a hospital they had bricks of lead stacked between the metal studs it was before I was doing lures and what not would love to get some can’t you ship it flat rate? If it fits it ships?

https://www.usps.com/ship/priority-mail.htm

Max weight is 70 lbs. The medium size box (8-1/2 x 11 x 5-1/2) I'm pretty sure would max out the limit. $13.65 at the post office. At 70 lbs a clip, it would be a lot of shipments to go through a ton of lead. I guess there would have to be a lot of interest to make it worth the effort of taking all of it. Maybe I'll just take a couple of sheets instead. Or forget the whole idea. It's up to you guys! Let me know what you think. 

Also, pricing it. I looked around and it seems the going price is about $1.50/ lb. I'd be happy to let it go for $1/lb or even less if there's a bulk pickup. 

Again, I'm gauging interest and this is going to happen in a couple of weeks. Or not if there is very little interest in it. Should I post this in the main forum? 

14 hours ago, capesams said:

its shipped all the time in flat rate....for making bullets.

Yep. Between plug lead, jig lead, and reloading lead, made several mail men happy with small boxes that weighed 50# or more :o

Please make sure all selling is done in BST forum - not this one and not via PM - thanks :)

TimS

58 mins ago, TimS said:

Please make sure all selling is done in BST forum - not this one and not via PM - thanks :)

TimS

Of course. My first post stated that explicitly. Thanks.