Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HoldMyBass

Kayak Fishing suggestions

2 posts in this topic

Got a free Kayak. 9 foot Ocean Kayak frenzy.  I know this is not the best fishing Kayak, but its free and I will be using it in the river/bay and will not be traveling with much gear or traveling that far either. I am looking to use this kayak for fluke fishing in warmer months.  I have been reading into all the safety aspects and just have a few questions. 

What is a good PFD that I can use to fish with, but also need to be able to paddle as well? 

I will NOT be going out at night, or extreme weather conditions and will be close to land in the places I will be fishing. I am comfortable in the water (surfer/lifeguard) and have some experience in kayaks, just not fishing out of them.  Other than PFD, paddle, paddle leash, and my general fishing equipment anything else I should look into. I was not planning on getting any electronics as I wanted to keep this cheap and simple. Any recommendations would be great. Thanks in advanced- tight lines

P.S I will be taking a maiden voyage without fishing gear to practice launching and coming in, as well as self rescue .