blackdogfish

Recommendation for white navigation light

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited) · Report post

Need a battery powered LED light to mount on a mast made of plastic plumbing pipe. Should be bright, 360 visibility, waterproof, lightweight and ideally would float.  What are you using?

Edited by blackdogfish

Posted (edited) · Report post

On 5/14/2018 at 1:27 PM, blackdogfish said:

Need a battery powered LED light to mount on a mast made of plastic plumbing pipe. Should be bright, 360 visibility, waterproof, lightweight and ideally would float.  What are you using?

Did you not like your own suggestion on this topic a few weeks ago??

On 3/29/2018 at 6:31 AM, blackdogfish said:

Attwood makes some good stuff.   Navigation light kit includes red/green light and a nice bright 360 degree white light for pole.mounting. i saw a guy who had it mounted on 1/2" white olastic water pipe because it was flexible enough that he could grab it while paddling and pull the pole diwn in order to turn on the light.  Cabela's. Few other places.  Google Attwood Navigation LED kit 

If not i stand with the Tektite mark lll lights....... 2 led is what is in the Visicarbon lights & as mentioned, both visicarbon & kayula use the same light.

The mark lll light can be found for under 20 bucks for the 2 led without all the kayula or visicarbon hardware

Edited by BillZ

57 mins ago, BillZ said:

Did you not like your own suggestion on this topic a few weeks ago??

If not i stand with the Tektite mark lll lights....... 2 led is what is in the Visicarbon lights & as mentioned, both visicarbon & kayula use the same light.

The mark lll light can be found for under 20 bucks for the 2 led without all the kayula or visicarbon hardware

Yeah...I'm thinking the Atwood isn't powerful enough.  I'll look at the tektite, thanks.

I have  a visicarbon setup with the two LED lights plenty bright almost too much, I don’t see the need for the four LED version plus battery life will be longer with less LEDs. You aren’t really using it to see but to be seen.

Batteries last a year with heavy fishing with the 4 led. I have customers who have gone into the third year with the two led. I believe the visipole is simply a fancy tec tite. I have a old post showing you how to make your own using a scotty rod base.