dena

Sports Betting

Rate this topic

28 posts in this topic

3 mins ago, Sandflee said:

leaves the door open to cheating, and fixing

surprised people bet on something that can easily be fixed

I bet you may or may not be correct, or not.

it is a great thing

it is also nonsense to suggest games will now be fixed-sports betting has been a multi billion dollar industry for years already but just with the bookies making the vig instead of the gov in most places. Vegas has had betting for years as well. I laugh when the leagues  are against it while at the same time having injury reports in the NFL-the reason they have them is for betting. Vegas even has a sports team there ....

It was also beyond dumb but great that I could bet on daily fantasy sports legally -the gov does well with it-I had to write the feds and the state a big check when i did my taxes  because of it.

39 mins ago, Sandflee said:

leaves the door open to cheating, and fixing

surprised people bet on something that can easily be fixed

which is what freedom is

if you don't like it or can't trust it, freedom gives you the ability to not do it.

18 mins ago, jkrock said:

Between the pot taxes and the gambling tax, the libs will be rolling in dough.  i expect homelessness to be eradicated in blue states by 2021

the tax revenue at the state and fed level will be increased-better the money goes to the gov than some shady dude on the streets.

I had to pay uncle same over 40 k due to fantasy sports winnings this past year-they got 40k from me for doing nothing

Posted (edited) · Report post

2 mins ago, superstriper said:

the tax revenue at the state and fed level will be increased-better the money goes to the gov than some shady dude on the streets.

I had to pay uncle same over 40 k due to fantasy sports winnings this past year-they got 40k from me for doing nothing

I prefer the shady guy on the street over the government.  You know where he stands and he has no power over anyone.

CT's two biggest sources of tax revenue are gambling and smoking, and look at what those peckerheads did with all that money

Edited by jkrock

5 hours ago, superstriper said:

Why you want to pay the government more money?

If they were not involved in a consensual transaction between two free individuals, you could keep your 40K.

You libs love to give the government more money, then complain when they use it against you.

if we can go to the Meadowlands and/or Monmouth Park to place sports wages

God Bless Us

Dollar Bill  Bradley (US Senator) hated the concept of sports betting and that's why he voted

to kill it when Congress passed the bill that the SCOTUS just flipped