Struck Down

Rate this topic

dena

The laws barring sports gambling. Just happened.

It will be open season now. 32 states can/will open gambling on sports, or so they say.

Good, or bad?

Material abundance without character is the path of destruction.
-Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.
-Soren Kierkegaard

Just now, dena said:

The laws barring sports gambling. Just happened.

It will be open season now. 32 states can/will open gambling on sports, or so they say.

Good, or bad?

Bad, increases acceptance to low class activities. 

The village, which had stood for maybe 1,000 years, didn't know we were coming that day. If they had, they would have run. boB was at the eye of our rage. And through him, our Captain Ahab. He would set things right again. That day, we loved him.

I read a while ago, I believe in the Daily Racing Form (i.e. the best newspaper in the world), that Monmouth Park was preparing for this decision, and that they will be ready to take sports bets within about 10 days of the Supreme Court decision, which came down this morning. That means that one will be able to have a flutter by about Memorial Day in Jersey. 

I can't wait for the self-appointed moralists among us, like that tiresome moran Terri Mae, to get sexually aroused telling other people what to do, that gambling is immoral and all that. Take that religious nonsense back to the Moonies where it belongs, and let me and my fellow degenerates wallow in this momentous day. :th:

Terri Mae does not approve this message, but screw him.

15 mins ago, dena said:

Good, or bad?

I'll say one thing that is pretty much beyond doubt: it will be bad, incredibly, awfully bad, for the people who booked all those illegal sports bets.

What is going to happen to them, at least in states where sports betting is made legal, is analogous to what happened to the Mafia's numbers racket after the creation of state-sanctioned lotteries: they went out of business, and the illegal bookies will too. I just hope it's a cleaner game for the punters. 

And I say that as a guy who has zero interest -- *ly -- in sports betting. The last sports bet I made was in 1985, when I was 12, and I took Villanova in a $5 bet against my dad, who got Georgetown (this was straight up, with no point spread; I think my dad was trying to hustle me :D ). But just because I don't grok sports betting, I do think it should be 100% legal, everywhere. 

2 mins ago, RiverRaider said:

Whoa... what?

I mis-typed in my excitement! :D

I mean to say that I agreed, that I'd bet cash money on those two morans being wrong. I'd bet that way with both fists. :th:

1 min ago, Jdeadman66 said:

Apparrantly Ballmo is all wound up about transgenderism and he wants to fist us. I say settle down BallBag!

Why it always some queer homo gay reference with you people, baloney boy?

343 Deus Vult John 3:16

Pog Mo Lilly White Thoin