dena

Is it softening a bit?

Rate this topic

33 posts in this topic

The anti-Trump rhetoric, that is.

First we have SNL opening skit the other night that J posted where there were mothers coming down of all the anti-Trump stuff.

Then we have Liberal icon, Jimmy Kimmel, saying that at an event he is hosting with all the network execs he is not going to go after Trump full bore saying folks have had enough of it.

Here:

ByEmily Zanotti

May 13, 2018

47.3k views

Late-night talk show host Jimmy Kimmel told Deadline magazine that when he performs his annual "roast" of Disney executives this week, there won't be many jabs at President Donald Trump because people appear to have had enough.

Asked if he had a "barrelful of barbs" aimed at the president ready to be unleashed during the annual "cable news upfront" event — a friendly gathering of the major networks' "executives, media, producers, and advertisers" set to take place later this week — Kimmel said he'd be pulling back on the anti-Trump rhetoric, even though that's become a signature of his late-night monologues.

"I don't know. I don't know how much focus there will be on [Trump]," Kimmel said. "I think that people have had an a** full of Donald Trump."

Not that he is going soft, or his feelings have changed, his goals are still the same...

He says he's seen other things he wants to make fun of, though he admits he can't make the event entirely "Trump-free." And, he went on to suggest that "hopefully" this will be the last ABC executive gathering of the Trump-era, as though Trump will be impeached or removed from office before Kimmel has to take the stage in front of an entirely friendly audience once again.

I just wonder why the subtle shift?

What changed?

Our leftists here seem no less vitriolic, did they miss the memo?

Who wrote the memo?

We know Democrats only do what they are told...who told them to lay off?

Or, is this just a lull in the action, and it will be full on hate here later this week?

I get suspicious when the Progs change up. They don't do it for no reason.

The only reason Kimmel would change is for his ratings and the bottom line $$$$.

People are starting to turn him off.

Trump could invent the cure for cancer and the left will still seek to vilify him.

Their bitterness will never abate.

Correspondents dinner appears like it might have had a short term tempering effect based on the public backlash. I'm sure things will get back to sickening level as we get closer to mid terms 

It’s got to be they are realizing that they themselves are the only ones believing their BS anymore. The rest of America is seeing all the positive things happening here and around the world that involve the USA. Hard to believe what your eyes are not actually seeing.

Yeah, Trump has done a 180.  Is now a straight line evangelical and all his character flaws have vanished.  Maybe Pence used his Christian superpowers and sucked the flaws out of Trump?  No reason to criticize poor Don Trump anymore, he is all fixed and on the straight n narrow.  Yeah.  Winning!

Posted (edited) · Report post

I have to ask those worried about the character, personality, or whatever about our leader's.......... at work do you really care what sort of person the CEO of the company is or do you care how much you can prosper with the job you have with them?

I went through the ranks with the company I did 36 years with..... There were times I really liked the people who ran the corporation and times I thought they were scumbags but as long as I was making a great living, providing for my family, and had great benefits they all were great; scumbag or not? I was not there to make friends or socialize I was there to do a job and make a living at it. Odd thing is most times the corporation did the best the leadership were some real scumbags socially and ethically. Spend time with a executive board and you will see some real gems I promise you.......

I voted for Trump not for his personality, looks, past history of love affairs..... I voted for him for what he was selling and against what the other candidate was pushing........ as simple as that and if I had the identical choice today I would vote the exact same way. I could give a rat's arse about all the other BS or who slept with who. I want a leader that turns around and eliminates the downward trends we as a nation have dealt with the past decade. No more complex than that and I don't ever plan to invite him to come to the house for dinner or play a round of golf with him ... I am not looking for a friend but he is great as the POTUS in my book with most of the changes he has made to date. The trends of the media may finally be getting what people like me care too listen to........

Edited by Jim DE

Only those with the thickest of skulls cannot see the positives coming from the administration. 

The gloom and doom they foretold has not materialized but has instead been proven wrong. 

Trump is a saint compared to the politicians he ran against on both sides of the aisle.

He is truly trying to MAGA and he is making progress aganst the worst of obstructions. 

Perhaps when they start working with him instead, they'll begin to see the benefits.

History will prove out how wrong the left was and they be the laughing stock for us for a long time to come.  

8 hours ago, Jim DE said:

I have to ask those worried about the character, personality, or whatever about our leader's.......... at work do you really care what sort of person the CEO of the company is or do you care how much you can prosper with the job you have with them?

I went through the ranks with the company I did 36 years with..... There were times I really liked the people who ran the corporation and times I thought they were scumbags but as long as I was making a great living, providing for my family, and had great benefits they all were great; scumbag or not? I was not there to make friends or socialize I was there to do a job and make a living at it. Odd thing is most times the corporation did the best the leadership were some real scumbags socially and ethically. Spend time with a executive board and you will see some real gems I promise you.......

I voted for Trump not for his personality, looks, past history of love affairs..... I voted for him for what he was selling and against what the other candidate was pushing........ as simple as that and if I had the identical choice today I would vote the exact same way. I could give a rat's arse about all the other BS or who slept with who. I want a leader that turns around and eliminates the downward trends we as a nation have dealt with the past decade. No more complex than that and I don't ever plan to invite him to come to the house for dinner or play a round of golf with him ... I am not looking for a friend but he is great as the POTUS in my book with most of the changes he has made to date. The trends of the media may finally be getting what people like me care too listen to........

Well said! :th: 

10 hours ago, KnewBee said:

Yeah, Trump has done a 180.  Is now a straight line evangelical and all his character flaws have vanished.  Maybe Pence used his Christian superpowers and sucked the flaws out of Trump?  No reason to criticize poor Don Trump anymore, he is all fixed and on the straight n narrow.  Yeah.  Winning!

Ya got 2 birds with one stone here.  Lovely.  Do you have an issue with religion in general or with Christians, and Evangelicals in particular? What other associations or affiliations do you care to sully with your Trump  diatribe?  Don't hold back.

1 min ago, playhard said:

Ya got 2 birds with one stone here.  Lovely.  Do you have an issue with religion in general or with Christians, and Evangelicals in particular? What other associations or affiliations do you care to sully with your Trump  diatribe?  Don't hold back.

I've got an issue with Evangelicals in particular...I cant think of a more hypocritical group in America when it comes to religion.

4 mins ago, braden said:

I've got an issue with Evangelicals in particular...I cant think of a more hypocritical group in America when it comes to religion.

You do realize that 75% if Southen African Americans are evangelical, and they helped defeat Roy Moore and supported Barack Obama? 

11 hours ago, KnewBee said:

^^^^ Here’s your sign of a rhetorically empty party’s followers’ lack of understanding. 

Heres a clue KB, when Willie Brown warms Dems it is time to talk about something other than Trump, you have a problem. 

People who function off emotion are destined to oppose Trump. There's no fixing this. It's like a disease....