Steve in Mass

Wonder What I'm In For...........

Rate this topic

39 posts in this topic

Just now, bospa357 said:

Why? Why do you hate your intestinal tract so much? I've seen some god awful things in those stores and that's all I can say. Why?

Talk some sense into him 

1 min ago, mybosox3 said:

Talk some sense into him 

Trust me, he's not gonna listen to me. My wife is Asian and even she wouldn't eat something like that. Seriously! :wag:

Just now, bospa357 said:

Trust me, he's not gonna listen to me. My wife is Asian and even she wouldn't eat something like that. Seriously! :wag:

True

I would bet serious money that even if, on the outside chance the ingredients are in English, it just says oil. They rarely distinguish between motor, mineral, waste oil, etc.

I would probably enjoy a can of eel although anything packed in China might dissuade me.  If it doesn’t look like something to eat with a toothpick or stick on a cracker I’d put it in teriyaki on rice.  

Posted (edited) · Report post

1 hour ago, bospa357 said:

I would bet serious money that even if, on the outside chance the ingredients are in English, it just says oil. They rarely distinguish between motor, mineral, waste oil, etc.

By law products sold in America must have the ingredients listed in English.

I love eel, although that is fresh caught or live bought American eel. I also love sardines in a can, as well as anchovies. I also like the "sprats" they sell at Job Lot, in fact, they are as good as or better than King Oscar two layer Brisling sardines, which are pretty much the top of the line. So I figure why not give this a go.

And as Ditch demonstrated with his pictures of the Chinese market above, all the :scared: about things from China are greatly overblown.

Ingredients; Conger eel, Water, Sugar, Soy Sauce, Capsium, Salt, Soybean Oil, Cinnamon Powder, Pepper Powder, MSG.

So nothing so scary.................. 

Edited by Steve in Mass

I've never been to Beijing, but I have spent time in Shanghai and other far east countries. While there certainly are decent markets, there absolutely is a very real reason to be afraid and cautious of what re buying. You're being very naive to think you have nothing to be concerned of. I'm absolutely speaking from first hand experience, but given our online tete a tete, I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong and have reasons why.

No, Bos, your input is welcomed. :)

How long ago were you there? I only ask because from what I understand, many things are changing rapidly.

But perhaps it is only in certain regions of the country, and since you have first hand experience, your words carry a lot of weight.

I just heard on WBZ Radio not 3 hours ago a report about energy production in the southern 5 Providences, and how "green" they are becoming, in some cases, better than we do here, and quickly moving away from coal and other fossil fuels.

Of course there are still many issues and you need to be cautious. But I think some of it is just overblown

1 hour ago, bospa357 said:

I've never been to Beijing, but I have spent time in Shanghai and other far east countries. While there certainly are decent markets, there absolutely is a very real reason to be afraid and cautious of what re buying. You're being very naive to think you have nothing to be concerned of. I'm absolutely speaking from first hand experience, but given our online tete a tete, I'm sure you'll tell me I'm wrong and have reasons why.

Was the electrical wiring something like this in Shanghai? And were there cameras everywhere? Big Brother may not always be watching, but, he always can be watching.

27114003287_a8ca737db7_o.jpg