toight_like_a_tiger

Pan Mass Challenge Plug #5 (Al Gag Hot Mack Pencil)

2 posts in this topic

If you haven't seen the previous four posts, below are the rules.  If you know them.  Skip below for price and pics

I am riding in the Pan-Mass Challenge on the first weekend in August.  This will be my third time riding.  If you haven't heard of the PMC, it is the largest athletic fundraiser in the US.  It is the largest contributor the Jimmy Fund at Dana Farber.  I think they raised over $40 Million last year alone.  I am riding for Team Lungstrong, which was created by my aunt Diane Legg.  She is currently in her fourteenth year with stage IV lung cancer.  LungStrong has raised over $2,000,000 put towards lung cancer research since 2011.  I will be riding from Studbridge to Bourne (via a portion of the cape side canal path!) to Provincetown over the course of two days.  (I have also rode an unofficial "day zero" where we ride from the MA/NY state line near Catamount Ski Area) 

These plug sales are intended as a creative way to help fundraise a small portion of the approximate $4,500 I am committed for this year (this sum represents the mandatory fundraising requirement for the Sturbridge to Provincetown route). Here is how these sales will work.  All money from the sale of each plug will go directly to my PMC fundraising.  I will only accept two forms of payment.  (1) A check made out to the PMC mailed to my home address.  Which I then remit to the PMC.  (2)  I can provide my online fundraising page through PMs which allows you to make an electronic payment.  If you pay electronically, I just further ask that you cover any fee.  (I recall PMC giving the donator the option of having the credit card fee passed onto them so the donation appears as the true amount; rather than the donation minus the fee incurred by PMC otherwise.)  In either form of payment you will have assurance that the money is going where I say it is.

With that primer the prices are as follows.  Sea Special - $50, shipping included.  The plug is an old stock Al Gag's Sea Special - Flat bottomed canal pencil.  It is approximately 7.25 inches and 3.5 ounces.  I upgrades the rings to #120 pound wolverines and 3/0 VMCs.  I don't believe this has ever been carried as it is almost flawless and I have the opened packaging.

IMG_2857.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg