flyangler

Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD), Sound Familiar?

Rate this topic

15 posts in this topic

ODD is a thing with both teens, as well a more limited number of adults, and was covered in a news show this week. A shrink made a point that they are seeing a growing correlation between ODD and the amount of time spent with social media. The sub-argument was whether it is social media time in general or if the content which was what makes readers angry, triggering ODD behavior. 

It got me to thinking about the SOL implications of ODD and a correlation to TDS. Here's the signs of someone having ODD according to Wikipedia. I report, you decide. 

Oppositional Defiant Disorder: 

The DSM-5 stated that the child must exhibit four out of the eight signs and symptoms to meet the diagnostic threshold for oppositional defiant disorder. These symptoms include:

(1) Often loses temper,

(2) Is often touchy or easily annoyed,

(3) Is often angry and resentful,

(4) Often argues with authority figures (or for children and adolescents, with adults),

(5) Often actively defies or refuses to comply with requests from authority figures or with rules,

(6) Often deliberately annoys others,

(7) Often blames others for his or her mistakes or misbehavior

(8) Has been spiteful or vindictive at least twice within the past 6 months.

25 mins ago, tomkaz said:

ODD is a thing with both teens, as well a more limited number of adults, and was covered in a news show this week. A shrink made a point that they are seeing a growing correlation between ODD and the amount of time spent with social media. The sub-argument was whether it is social media time in general or if the content which was what makes readers angry, triggering ODD behavior. 

It got me to thinking about the SOL implications of ODD and a correlation to TDS. Here's the signs of someone having ODD according to Wikipedia. I report, you decide. 

The DSM-5 stated that the child must exhibit four out of the eight signs and symptoms to meet the diagnostic threshold for oppositional defiant disorder. These symptoms include:

(1) Often loses temper,

(4) Often argues with authority figures (or for children and adolescents, with adults),

(5) Often actively defies or refuses to comply with requests from authority figures or with rules,

I can think of one person who fits 7 of the 8 categories, I just can't remember him ever losing his temper.

34 mins ago, tomkaz said:

(1) Often loses temper,

Oh boy. :laugh:

5 mins ago, Bass Ackwards said:

I can think of one person who fits 7 of the 8 categories, I just can't remember him ever losing his temper.

There’s more than one of them on that spectrum.

C'mon now TK.

You know we are not supposed to make posts about other members.

Especially ones that are banned and can't even defend themselves due to suspension of forum posting privileges.     :D

ODD.

First they decide to call kids with social behavioral probmlems "Assburgers", then they decide to call them ODD.

Liberalism=South Park

Come on GC, there is no names, no pack drill here from TK or others.

But if you are interested, the O.D.D. clinic is a couple of doors down.

1 hour ago, Gotcow? said:

C'mon now TK.

You know we are not supposed to make posts about other members.

Especially ones that are banned and can't even defend themselves due to suspension of forum posting privileges.     :D

GC, whatchubetalkinbout? Did I mention a single name? Did I even allude to any particular profile? I provided the clinical list of characteristics of those with potential ODD. Two of my sons likely chalked up five or six of those at one time or another. 

You be startin' trouble me thinks.....

5 hours ago, Little said:

ODD.

First they decide to call kids with social behavioral probmlems "Assburgers", then they decide to call them ODD.

Liberalism=South Park

Weird, except ODD has been a diagnosis for longer than Asperger's.

13 mins ago, Little said:

I dont know anyone that has odd.  Some here have crybaby syndrome, whatever  you call that

last name rhymes with "frank."  

7 hours ago, tomkaz said:

(1) Often loses temper,

1. Very rarely.

2. Constantly.

3. Constantly.

4. Constantly.

5. Constantly.

6. EVERY single chance I get, all day, every day.

7. Very rarely.

6. Constantly.

And loving every minute of it.

4 mins ago, JoeyZac said:

1. Very rarely.

2. Constantly.

3. Constantly.

4. Constantly.

5. Constantly.

6. EVERY single chance I get, all day, every day.

7. Very rarely.

6. Constantly.

And loving every minute of it.

:laugh:

We have a friend who's asswipe son was diagnosed with ODD, the parents never told the kid no and stuck with it, he was(is) a whiny little bitch who needed a swift kick in the  ass but never got it. Offered to send him off on a 30 day Grand Banks long line trip but was politely shut down. That would have fixed his sorry ass. he's pushing 30 and still living with the parents , pretty much unemployed.