Mikeinri

Anyone use a gear up eel pouch?

Rate this topic

5 posts in this topic

Are they sufficient?  Looking to use it in the surf mostly.  I have a small plastic bucket I use that works fine if there’s land close by and leave it there.  I purchased one and now that I have it in hand I just wonder how many fit without them dying quickly and also walls aren’t too high and maybe the eels could be trying to get out as your trying to get one on?  Is this an issue?  Do you pack them individually in plastic sandwich bags?   Just looking for some general advise.  Seems like a nice quality made product.   I also have an aqua skins mesh bag and while it seems fine I think I prefer them in the gear up.  Or maybe a better way all together..

I use one for rigged eels, plastics, and I use it when hunting, and trapping. If you put live eels in there and not in a separate bags, you will loose them,they will get out.

I use mine often, put eels in a plastic shopping bag, tie loosely and stuff in bag. Easily carry 8 eels with room to spare. The plastic bag keeps them in their slim and never have an issue with dead eels for an overnight trip.