Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AdrianF

Almost that time.....

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Time to scramble and get everything togethor.....very soon.  Curious to see where that filament hits the edge.....69 degree water there and Hudson s already at 61.  

Screenshot_20180512-073648.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blackfin25 said:

Been watching this too. Some decent activity on BFT in the Hudson. Too far for me to justify until better water hit the 100 FTHM line

Yup...figured they'd be there by now....if they weren't there already.  Looks like just south of the Hudson.  

 

Setting up just like last year with some good sized fish in the mix hope we get a repeat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We're hearing of larger bluefin in the Hudson as well.  We're a smaller boat (25' Parker), so we really need a good window to go, but FIRST CHANCE we get, we'll be heading out to our usual spots (south) to begin the hunt.

 

It's worth looking for midshore bluefin now, and canyon time is just a few weeks away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Who is hitting that sharp break at the Tom’s? I am trying for Sunday Monday if the conditions permit. If not, may try the middle grounds - water was 53 yesterday which is not ideal but if there is bait on the lumps they could be in there already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/24/2018 at 8:06 AM, Blackfin25 said:

Who is hitting that sharp break at the Tom’s? I am trying for Sunday Monday if the conditions permit. If not, may try the middle grounds - water was 53 yesterday which is not ideal but if there is bait on the lumps they could be in there already.

 

Nice line of water from toms on down.  Tuesday has potential for us weatherwise. 28cc so gotta be picky....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2018 at 11:05 PM, JoeyZac said:

We're hearing of larger bluefin in the Hudson as well.  We're a smaller boat (25' Parker), so we really need a good window to go, but FIRST CHANCE we get, we'll be heading out to our usual spots (south) to begin the hunt.

 

It's worth looking for midshore bluefin now, and canyon time is just a few weeks away.

 

 

Water looks better south of the hudson...not saying nothing in the Hudson but it wouldn't be my first stop.  Some nice size fish around....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 mins ago, AdrianF said:

 

 

Water looks better south of the hudson...not saying nothing in the Hudson but it wouldn't be my first stop.  Some nice size fish around....

Didn't we get that bigeye knockdown at there last year??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to register here in order to participate.

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.