JoeyZac

Off Brand Braid - Recommendations?

Rate this topic

9 posts in this topic

Looking to spool an Avet LX with 50lb-65lb braid for Tile.  1000 yard spool should do the trick, but I feel like being cheap and using something other than a name brand for a change.

Popular brands on Amazon seem to be Hercules, Reaction, and Sharks (Handing).  Anyone got any experience with any of them?  Or a recommendation for something better?

Not going to be casting it, so I'm not worried about wind knots.  It'll be all deep drops for tile, and likely trolling Mojos in the fall.  For the Mojos I'll throw a mono topshot on there for some shock absorption, but I'll deal with that in 6 months.  For now, it'll just be fill the spool with all braid and use it for deep drops.

I hear good things about JBraid, also I hate to admit it but I've never had an issue with Field and Stream brand braid surprisingly, lessnissues than I ever had with PowerPro standard.

J braid is consistent and trustworthy...

Captain Dave who fishes the jetties down in florida used that God Line and actually liked it.

I asked him about it and he's a no bs kind of guy and was surprised that it wasn't bad at all.

I have used reaction tackle 30lb braid and found it to be pretty good. Not as smooth as Jbraid but defiantly worth the money. I also noticed that the color bleeds fast.