Fish4life345

Boat fluking rod

Rate this topic

8 posts in this topic

Which Lamiglas model casting rod would do you prefer for fluke Fishing from boat

was looking at Lamiglas triflex

will be mostly Fishing fire Island inlet and ocean 

bucktails and spearing and sinker 

I don’t know much about lamiglass rod... but I fish Shimano teramar northeast 7ft MH and I love it very light and strong rod....

On 5/9/2018 at 3:33 PM, Fish4life345 said:

Which Lamiglas model casting rod would do you prefer for fluke Fishing from boat

I use the  Lamiglas triflex 7020 inshore rod. I like the long cork handle. I think it’s rated 1-4. I have the 7030 for bass. The 7020 is a great fluke rod for ocean fluke. It will handle fluke in double digits. For fluke fishing in the bay I use G loomis rod. 

Hello Marty.  I was hoping I could speak to you about my new reel purchase...inshore in NC.  Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience regarding and if you had the time, like to get your thoughts on this.  I tried to find a way to contact you via message or email on this site, but could not find how to do so.  

Randy

Posted (edited)

On 5/9/2018 at 3:33 PM, Fish4life345 said:

Really depends on where you fish and what weight jig youll need to tend bottom. John Skinner slays fluke with a 60$ Tsunami rod...

Edited by Baitbucket

That, jrk, is because you didn't bother to read the rules before you signed up.  You'll figure it out, if and when you do so.

17 hours ago, jrk said:

Hello Marty.  I was hoping I could speak to you about my new reel purchase...inshore in NC.  Sounds like you have quite a bit of experience regarding and if you had the time, like to get your thoughts on this.  I tried to find a way to contact you via message or email on this site, but could not find how to do so.  

Randy

What do you need to know ?