btf

2018 Harbor Tackle Red Drum Tournment

Rate this topic

17 posts in this topic

Wanted to give everyone an update on this year's Red Drum Tournament.  AMSA is not sponsoring the Tourney this year.  Terry and I are planning to hold the tournament on September 20 thru 23, 2018.  We must have at least 40 participants to hold the Tournament and increase the fees to $125. in order for us to break even.  The NPS will require us to purchase a $1,000,000. liability insurance policy that will cost us approximately $1500. Please let us know who is interested in participating.

Thanks,

Beverly & Terry Fleming

Wow 1500 just to host a tournament for some old smelly fishermen.   Have you ever  even had 40 in it? 

To me it seems like the NPS is really sticking it to you and us.  

FWIW  I"m in.

The insurance policy has always been required by the park service. Before AMSA began sponsoring the tournament, there were 50-70 participants depending on the year

Sorry but we must cancel the Red Drum Tournament. Terry is not well enough to devote the time needed to judge the tourney and there was not enough interest by entrants. Terry had a heart stent placed and he slowly  recovering.

My wife and I were talking today and we would like to take part in this tournament.  My question is would we need to be present from the 20th till the 23rd to compete or could we come down Friday night and fish only on Saturday the 22nd and Sunday 23rd if possible?

Thanks,

Eric

Edited by Emc55B
missing a word