albieonthefly

First stripers of the '18 season, Long Island

Rate this topic

18 posts in this topic

A new season begins! I found stripers on the last weekend of April (about a week late) and had great action with small clousers. I tried switching to floating line, for gurglers, poppers and had zero takes, as soon as I switched back the bite was on.

Best wishes for the '18 season.

- Sergio

Very nice job on many fronts, nice fish , nice fly, well edited.  Great way to kick off the season.

I am guessing the fly line is the Airflo Clear Blue Intermediate. I noticed the color and it is by far my favorite fly line.

44 mins ago, bonefishdick said:

Very nice job on many fronts, nice fish , nice fly, well edited.  Great way to kick off the season.

I am guessing the fly line is the Airflo Clear Blue Intermediate. I noticed the color and it is by far my favorite fly line.

Hi thank you, the fly line is actually a Hydros striper intermediate line from Orvis, it's worked well for me.

32 mins ago, albieonthefly said:

Hi thank you, the fly line is actually a Hydros striper intermediate line from Orvis, it's worked well for me.

great Vid for us all to enjoy , It's a great line the Hydros int. line makes me feel comfortable 

Heard a story from Shelter Island, a guy is standing there & a 16" striper lands at his feet, he looks up & an osprey is floating above - I guess too much for the bird to carry home.

Don't know any more - it's a family tale w/some Trumpers vs others  ... 

Great video Sergio.  I love listening to the osprey while you catching. Did you get back there yet this week and get on those big blues?